busterbrown is offline New Member

androgel equates too ?

What does 5mg of Androgel equate to concerning mg per week say of Test E? 50mg,100mg??

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    Well Androgel is a 1% mixture, so 5gms is 50mg active ingredient. Apparently, there is about a 10% absorption rate, so 5mg per 5g "gets in you".
    100mg of Cyp is about 70mg of test.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    funkymonk is correct and in direct answer to your question the magic hypothesized weekly absorption number is.......

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    and if you mix in a little DMSO jell it bumps it up significantly.

funkymonk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Really?

sirupate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymonk View Post
    Well Androgel is a 1% mixture, so 5gms is 50mg active ingredient. Apparently, there is about a 10% absorption rate, so 5mg per 5g "gets in you".
    100mg of Cyp is about 70mg of test.
    There might be a bit of misconception here...either me or you. My test. cyp. is 200mg./ml testosterone . My doctor prescribed a 1ml dose, so aren't I actually getting 200mg. of test. at each dose? I understand that the test. is in an oil carrier, but why wouldn't it be measureed and dosed according to how much test. you want the patient to get, as opposed to how much solution to inject? Did that make any sense?

It is pin night, so I'll look at the vial label a little more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Makes sense, but the DMSO will also carry into your skin anything else you have laying on it. Just something to keep in mind about using DMSO.

Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    There might be a bit of misconception here...either me or you. My test. cyp. is 200mg./ml testosterone . My doctor prescribed a 1ml dose, so aren't I actually getting 200mg. of test. at each dose? I understand that the test. is in an oil carrier, but why wouldn't it be measureed and dosed according to how much test. you want the patient to get, as opposed to how much solution to inject? Did that make any sense?

1ml from a solution of test cyp YES yields 100mg BUT like funk stated...the ester(cyp)takes up 30% of that 1ml YIELDING approximately 70mg of test....so, every 100mg of test you get APPROXIMATELY 70mg

sorry....1ml is 200 mg of test at that dose so .5 or 1/2 a ml is 100mg then yielding 70 after ester
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 03-30-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Last edited by zaggahamma; 03-29-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: double post

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Makes sense, but the DMSO will also carry into your skin anything else you have laying on it. Just something to keep in mind about using DMSO.
    Yes when using DMSO it's always best to use it after a good shower/bath, making sure the area you are going to apply it is clean and washing your hands first

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    1ml from a solution of test cyp YES yields 100mg BUT like funk stated...the ester(cyp)takes up 30% of that 1ml YIELDING approximately 70mg of test....so, every 100mg of test you get APPROXIMATELY 70mg
    My test. cyp. is 200mg. per ml, and I still think after reading the vial package and label that I am getting the full 200mg. of test. in 1 ml of solution. I'll do some more research and get back here eventually. Not a big deal though.

My test. cyp. is 200mg. per ml, and I still think after reading the vial package and label that I am getting the full 200mg. of test. in 1 ml of solution. I'll do some more research and get back here eventually. Not a big deal though.
    If this pastes....here is a piece of the product package material for Pfizer's Depo-Testoterone (test. cyp.):

Each mL of the 200 mg/mL solution contains:
    Testosterone cypionate .................................................. ................................ 200 mg
    Benzyl benzoate .................................................. ............................................ 0.2 mL
    Cottonseed oil .................................................. .............................................. 560 mg
    Benzyl alcohol (as preservative) .................................................. ................... 9.45 mg

As you can see, 1ml of the solution contains an actual 200mg. of test. cyp. The remainder of the 1ml solution is carrier...primarily cottonseed oil.

Jeff

meathead320 is offline Member
    The cypionate part is 30% of the weight, so 200mg of testosterone cypionate is 140mg of testosterone .

The reason I'm no longer as big a fan of the 200mg of cyp form of TRT, is that IMHO it is generally too high.

Granted a lot of guys want sky high test, but it seems to me that a lot of them get way too high of blood levels and fluctiations (some respond well however).

http://www.steroidsource.net/calculator.htm what we are actually getting in those 1x EW 200mg shots of cyp, is we put in 140mg of testosterone.

140mg EW of testosterone for 8 weeks, and by week 5 we are going all the way from 26mg fist down to 13mg last day before shot.

Keeping in mind most men age 24-30 will be making from 4 to 7 mg ED, and then we see that 26 to 13 is supraphysiologic, or would likely translate to supraphysiologic blood levels >900 on 300-900 ranges.
    Last edited by meathead320; 03-30-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead320 View Post
    The cypionate part is 30% of the weight, so 200mg of testosterone cypionate is 140mg of testosterone .

The reason I'm no longer as big a fan of the 200mg of cyp form of TRT, is that IMHO it is generally too high.

Granted a lot of guys want sky high test, but it seems to me that a lot of them get way too high of blood levels and fluctiations (some respond well however).

http://www.steroidsource.net/calculator.htm what we are actually getting in those 1x EW 200mg shots of cyp, is we put in 140mg of testosterone.

140mg EW of testosterone for 8 weeks, and by week 5 we are going all the way from 26mg fist down to 13mg last day before shot.

Keeping in mind most men age 24-30 will be making from 4 to 7 mg ED, and then we see that 26 to 13 is supraphysiologic, or would likely translate to supraphysiologic blood levels >900 on 300-900 ranges.
    You are correct and I stand corrected. Test. Cyp. has some carbon atoms hanging off the testosterone to lengthen its half-life, but as a result, less of the testosterone is available per amount of volume. This (new to me) fact explains why I don't feel super good on my new injectible dose of test. cyp. as compared to my old dose of Androgel . I was on 10gms/day of the gel....but the gel is pure testosterone (plus the carrier). On my 200mg. E2w of test.cyp., I am actually getting less testosterone per month now...but with some big swings in levels. My BW results in a week will be interesting. I am really hoping that my doctor increases both dosage per month and frequency of injection when I see him in 2 weeks.

meathead320 is offline Member
    You are correct and I stand corrected. Test. Cyp. has some carbon atoms hanging off the testosterone to lengthen its half-life, but as a result, less of the testosterone is available per amount of volume. This (new to me) fact explains why I don't feel super good on my new injectible dose of test. cyp. as compared to my old dose of Androgel. I was on 10gms/day of the gel....but the gel is pure testosterone (plus the carrier). On my 200mg. E2w of test.cyp., I am actually getting less testosterone per month now...but with some big swings in levels. My BW results in a week will be interesting. I am really hoping that my doctor increases both dosage per month and frequency of injection when I see him in 2 weeks.
    I would in your situation split that dose up to 50mg on mondays and fridays, for 50mg 2x EW.

I've dropped mine all the way to 40mg 2x EW.

This is an excellent thread. I love it when the dialog is educated, opinionated and engaging.

Good stuff fellows.

G

agree..

just to keep it real (in layman terms)...

in the 2nd post funkymonk had it already nailed saying for every 100mg of test cyp it yields approximately 70mg of test...

is that or is that not the consensus/understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by meathead320 View Post
    I would in your situation split that dose up to 50mg on mondays and fridays, for 50mg 2x EW.

I've dropped mine all the way to 40mg 2x EW.
    I'll probably have to bring him along on the concept and it may happen gradually, but two 200mg. doses a month is not a good schedule. Old school though...that is how many of them were taught in med school.

jpkman....I've seen 70% available and seen around 60% too at internet sources. Not sure what is actually correct.
    Last edited by sirupate; 04-01-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: added line

Thread Information