rekcerb is offline New Member

Got My Blood Work Back - Need Assistance!!

A little info.. I'm 36 and have had a vesectomy (done kids). I've been feeling horrible the last 2-3 years; low motivation, low libido, erection difficulties etc.. I "thought" a lot of this was due to depression from a horrble run of family deaths a few years back. Then I ran into this site and read my a$$ off.

Long story short, I got blood tests back thinking it was due to low test etc and, well here are the results:

LH Serum 2.3 Range 1.2-8.6
    FSH Serum 3.3 Range 1.3-19.3
    Test 8.8 Range 6-27
    Free Test 17.8 Range 15.6 - 146
    prolactin 6.7 Range 2.6-13.1
    DHEA Sulphate 4.3 Range <14 (Males 30-39)

My first reaction was sad, then I quickly was relieved to see I can probably fix myself!

I booked an appt with my doctor in a few days and plan on "making" him sign a prescription for a RHT plan.

I was hoping I could get some constructive breakdowns on my numbers and what they mean exactly and also, what I should be asking the doctor to give me.

Your feedback is most appreciated!!!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    sounds like you're running on CLOSE to an empty tank...."make" that doctor fill up your 350 broski...

what's your stats and goals...same age as me when i got the same news

best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    sounds like you're running on CLOSE to an empty tank...."make" that doctor fill up your 350 broski...

what's your stats and goals...same age as me when i got the same news

best of luck
    Stats, goals: At this point just get back to normal...

Any pointers on what I should be asking for with the Dr? I'd like to do a weekly injection, which test/ester is best for this? Is 100mg/week sound right?

Your numbers are "low" and you'd probably benefit from a TRT protocol. Would really like to see Thyroid numbers for TSH, FREE F3 and F4. Hypothyroidism has many of the same symptoms as low T.

Please make sure you find an MD who understands the correct protocols for TRT in men...it will save you a world or trouble in the long run!

sirupate is offline Member
    Test. cypionate , or enanthate are good choices. Go with whichever your doctor prefers....they are nearly the same. 100mgs/wk. is a good starting point, but may have to be adjusted up or down based upon subsequent bloodwork. Lots of good advice here...just hang around and see.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by rekcerb View Post
    Stats, goals: At this point just get back to normal...

Any pointers on what I should be asking for with the Dr? I'd like to do a weekly injection, which test/ester is best for this? Is 100mg/week sound right?
    good place to start with yes 100mg should replace your low levels with mid range (400-700)...not going to take you over the high end

test cypionate most popular

Great - Thanks for the advice.. test cypionate at 100mg/week with follow-up blood-work. How long should I wait to get re-tested and when during the week should I do the re-test if say i pin on Saturday's?? Does it make sense to do the test on Wednesday?

I'll keep this thread updated through my journey.

Great - Thanks for the advice.. test cypionate at 100mg/week with follow-up blood-work. How long should I wait to get re-tested and when during the week should I do the re-test if say i pin on Saturday's?? Does it make sense to do the test on Wednesday?

I'll keep this thread updated through my journey.
    Follow-up BW depends on a number of factors but typically 90-days after starting would do it (I went 180 days before next follow-up BW). Some like to get tested the day before their next injection to see how low they are. I personally think the best time is the mid point between injections...provides for a mid-line reading IMO.

Please inquire about hCG and AI before you start your protocol. You need hCG...

G

sirupate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Follow-up BW depends on a number of factors but typically 90-days after starting would do it (I went 180 days before next follow-up BW). Some like to get tested the day before their next injection to see how low they are. I personally think the best time is the mid point between injections...provides for a mid-line reading IMO.

Please inquire about hCG and AI before you start your protocol. You need hCG...

G
    My doctor wanted a mid-point reading. My first bloodwork after starting injections was at the 7 week point. Results next week for me.

Please inquire about hCG and AI before you start your protocol. You need hCG ...

G
    Great! I understand the AI and will cover that, its HCG that has me confused. This is 100% required?? I thought it was to only keep your testes producing sperm? I don't need sperm

OK... HCG stops shrinkage as well - got it. I'll see if the Dr. will support it. Does the "top right corner sponser" sell it just incase?

OK... HCG stops shrinkage as well - got it. I'll see if the Dr. will support it. Does the "top right corner sponser" sell it just incase?
    It's not 100% required...but remember, you're in HPTA shutdown; ask your Doc what he plans on doing about it? It's way more then just sperm and shrinkage. Your testicles can and will end up being two tiny lumps of flesh and your sack will be extremely tight in end stage (that's not a pretty picture in my or my wifes book).

If you ever want to re-start you need it.

If you ever want children you need it.

Plus, hCG tells your testicles to produce Pregnenolone...which you need for all your other horomones and mental acuity.

If he doesn's want to provide it for you there are clinics that will (plus I'd look for a new doc but that's just my opinion).

You need it; trust me.
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 04-08-2011 at 01:10 PM.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's not 100% required...but remember, you're in HPTA shutdown; ask your Doc what he plans on doing about it? It's way more then just sperm and shrinkage. Your testicles can and will end up being two tiny lumps of flesh and your sack will be extremely tight in end stage (that's not a pretty picture in my or my wifes book).

If you ever want to re-start you need it.

If you ever want children you need it.

Plus, hCG tells your testicles to produce Pregnenolone...which you need for all your other horomones and mental acuity.

If he doesn's want to provide it for you there are clinics that will (plus I'd look for a new doc but that's just my opinion).

You need it; trust me.
    Double ditto!

Well, I now have an Endo appt in the next few weeks. My regular Dr. wasn't "comfortable" enough with writing the perscription which is understandable. what are the standard " formalities" I can expect the Endo to go through with me??

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Be prepared for the endo to glance at your labs and say you are in range. If not, be prepared for him to put you on the gel at 5mg's a day (which will only shut you down and you will end up lower than you are now). Be prepared to articulate your symptoms and how you are feeling, and how long you have been feeling this way.

But, you may end up with a doc that knows what he is doing, listens to you and starts you out on a good dose of injectable test (weekly). If he goes the gel route, and you have kids, tell him you are uncomfortable being around your family and using the gel.

good luck and let us know how it turns out.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    An endo may require more bloodwork. Maybe not. Here is the main point when dealing with any doctor: stress your concerns! If you don't complain the doc won't address the problem(s). Go into the appoinment with a list of issues you have been having and how YOU want to deal with them. The doc will probably have ideas on what is the best course of action, but if you don't express your opinion it will never be considered.

If your appointment is solely for a scrip for hCG and that's your goal (as it should be) then it should be rather short and sweet. If the Endo "gets it" then you will have no problem getting hCG.

If he doesn't "get it" then you may have to go to a clinic or find another Doc.

Make sure to tell the Doc that you are in HPTA shut down, list all the issues that causes with your testicles, and ask him what he can do for you so you don't have to go through all of the problems without hCG.

Let us know the response.

Great thanks.. That's exactly what I did with the family doc. I told him everything, how I felt, what I needed, why I needed it, and even the doses I felt were needed and he was actually pretty impressed. I plan to do the same with the Endo.

Thread Information