akshay317 is offline New Member

Question HCG for test boost?

Ive been on this forum for a while but dont usually post. i dont want to try out any roids until im pretty sure ive exhausted my natural potential or have T- level related problems. as of now it seems to be all good.

But i have a few questions about HCG though....

Heres my stats before that,

25 years of age,
    190lbs,
    Working out for more than 2 years seriously but have been an athlete and training martial arts since a long time.

So my questions are.

1) Does HCG help a normal person with little or no test problems?
    2) What effect does it have on ones sex drive?
    3) I have no plans of changing my diet while taking it, how does it affect me in this case? i eat clean btw.
    4) What about the mental effects of it?
    5) what other supplements would i need to take with it? vits? minerals? etc.

im asking this because id like to give HCG a go as its safe, and will be going on a "romp tour" if you will.... and would like to bring my A-Game. hawhaw.

Would appreciate the help.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    there really isnt much difference between taking HCG and AAS, they both shut you down. AAS can perm desensitize your boys though. HCG can not, unless you use over 10,000 iu's in 1 shot.

BigMax88 is offline Junior Member
    I thought HCG causes the boys to produce more test. And, when off of HCG, they will continue to produce test at a higher rate than before. So, HCG actually shuts them down? Though, no shrinkage?

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think you misunderstood what Oak meant.

When you have elevated T levels, your body stops producing LH and FSH. This results in being HPTA shutdown. It does NOT mean your T levels are shutdown.

HCG fools the body into thinking you have high LH and FSH levels. So your boys produce more testosterone , and T levels rise. Your pituitary will stop producing LH and FSH as a result. Also, you can become desynsitized to LH/FSH when you take too much HCG. After you take a month or so off from HCG the desynsitization goes away and return to normal. But this is only an issue when taking large amounts of HCG, as Oak pointed out.

When you go off of HCG the boys will NOT continue to produce higher Test amounts. In fact, until your pituitary kicks back in and starts producing LH/FSH (assuming it is healthy and can), your Test levels will drop. The thing about HCG is that if you don't take it while taking Test, the boys shrink and stop working. HCG stiumlates them to start working again. Getting the boys to work again without HCG takes a very long time. And it is a much longer time to get the boys working again if you don't take HCG than it takes for the pituitary to start working again after you stop taking HCG.

So you are 25. You want to do HCG. Unless you are prepared to do this for the rest of your life you are going to go through a period of getting off HCG. That recovery will suck. Check out the PCT forum.

thanks GNBM, i kind of knew that too much HCG will shut down HPTA and thats the reason why i wanted more info/clarity on this. i really dont want to get into TRT or ball shrinkage at this point( romp tour baby!!!!) or do any damage to my natural test levels. you said that HCG will temporarily shut down LH, what do you think about taking tribulus for this? i have responded well to it in the past.

at this point i think im better off with heavy compounds than depend on alternate sources to boost test. lol. i guess ill just wait for a few more years to give this a try.

If I was getting into HRT now, with what I know, I would have tried just HCG or a single small shot of Triptorelin. My problem was low LH/FSH which was causing low-end T levels. Low T was causing low E. And I really felt like crap because of the low E. Not sure why my pituitary was not producing the LH it should have been. Anyway, at the time I didn't know what I know now, and the doc focused on the low T problem. To his credit he understood a lot of my symptoms were from low E and knew that those levels would rise with higher T levels. If I had gone the HCG route my T levels probably would only have gone to 500-600 range probably. Now that they are in the 800 range, it would be a tough mental switch to drop back down to 500-600. All of my workouts would have to change, and I would always remember the days of 800! Hence, HRT is for life! At 25 years of age try to avoid it!
    Last edited by GotNoBlueMilk; 05-15-2011 at 08:26 AM.

i hear you mate, and am not considering TRT since i dont have any reason to yet. although i do suffer from a lack of libido and mental drive from time to time.

tribulus terristris is a herb and has absolutely no sides. except for acne for some people( which again is a general side to increased T). it helps increase your LH. for me personally it helped a lot with the sex drive. not really that much with my workouts. rest assured its safe... you dont need to get off your TRT meds to try it. maybe more people can chip in and provide more in-depth info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by akshay317 View Post
    tribulus terristris is a herb
    Sorry, was confusing tribulus with Triptorelin, which stiumlates LH but also is used in the US to chemically castrate male sex offenders as a condition of parole. I'm going to edit my previous post on this so others are not confused.

The only thing I can add about tribulus is that aside from studies sponsored by the manufacturer, it's usefullness is up in the air. There is some consensus that if tribulus is effective, that effectiveness wears off after a period of time and your body stops responding to it.
    Last edited by GotNoBlueMilk; 05-15-2011 at 08:25 AM.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Milk is on point.

east coast 13 is offline Junior Member
    tribulus gave me bad acne and didnt do much for muscle...

Thread Information