Adpunkrock78 is offline New Member

looking for the proper diet and wieght training to attain goals....HELP!!!!

Hi i am a 32 year old man 5ft11 and weights 220. i have a descent amount of body fat just around my stomach,back and chest. I have been working out for about a year now and have not seen much results and so has other people. My family says i am wasting my time cause i have bad genes and i will never succeed in gettin lean and cut up with a six pack. I work out at least 4 days a week with 2 major body parts each day and cardio twice a day for 30minutes. I do not lift extremely heavy as i am kinda weak dont know why though.

Anyway i still have bitch tits and a stomach and i try to eat the healthiest of foods but cause i do not know how to eat properly i dont all the time. If anyone can guide me just a little bit that would be awesome. And yes i have asked many people at the gym and out n about and they all tell me a million differnt things.

thank You

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bottom line: If you are fat you are eating more calories than you burn up! With that said, there are certain foods that tend to exasperate the weight problem, certain diet types that one person finds easier to stick with than other diet types, excess caffein may make it harder to avoid sweets and carb binges, low hormone levels may make it harder to avoid sugar and carb binges because your body is seeking energy from any source it can find.

The harsh truth is if you want to be cut you have to go hungry. And go hungry for a long time! Doing HRT is not going to make you skinny. Avoiding carbs is not going to make you skinny. Working out a lot will not make you skinny unless you are also adjusting your food intake! In fact, over training can make it harder to loose weight because your body kicks in extra cortisole!

Have you had hormone blood work done? Post those if you have.

But once again, in the end you have to stop eating so much. I bet if you took two weeks and wrote down EVERYTHING that went into your mouth, then added up the calories at the end of those two weeks, you would be amazed at how much you are really eating. I'm not trying to be cruel here. It sounds like you have not accepted this hard fact. Few overweight people do.

The good news is you have dismissed your families' statements about you not being able to obtain your goals. That is crap! It is always crap! You can do it. Yes it may be harder for you because of bad eating habits, slower metabolism, whatever. But you can do it!
    Last edited by GotNoBlueMilk; 05-16-2011 at 11:33 AM.

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    ^^^^Very well said.

I just did a test the other day called RMR Metabolism testing. Basically tells you how many calories your body needs to function and then how many calories you can eat just to maintain your weight WITHOUT EXERCISE. Then you do a cardio test also that measures at what heart rate you are burning the most fat at. Then they gave me a cardio plan to try and keep my heart rate where it needs to be. They can also advise you on the foods you should be eating. Do a search for it in your area. Cost me $215 to do it, but knowing your calorie requirements is priceless.

Adpunkrock78 is offline New Member
    thanks guys for the great advise and i will surely use the information i have recieved and attain it to my goals and lifestyle change , thank you

Bickerstaff is offline New Member
    Hey,

I'm a new member, too, but I wanted to add my two cents on this. For about 7 months out of the year (for work related reasons) I work out 12 times a week. Yup, twice a day on most days. One has to be careful doing this, because it's easy to overtrain. But Olimpians and competitive athletes have been doing it for generations. If I need to lose a couple pounds, nothing, NOTHING, beats the two a days. My body fat stays solid at about 7%.

The other thing is that I've been a strict vegan for over 20 years. But that's another thread....

Thread Information