RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

any physiologists on board? questions about blood ph, asthma, and lactic acid

i posted this in the diet section as well.

i have asthma and am wondering how this effects lactic acid. i know that with me being an asthmatic that my body may be a little more acidic than the normal person. i know that the respiratory system(CO2) directly effects other systems and that is why i am burning out/ hitting the lactate wall, quicker than i would like to. i am training at different heart rates so i am trying to attack the lactate barrier by that type of training. is there any way to make your body or blood more alkaline, hopefully prolonging lactic acid production?

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is quite a bit out there about making your body less acidic and more alkaline. Most systems agree you need to eat more green leafy veggies. Some think protien is bad. Other's say dark meat is good and white meat is bad (this one holds weight based on pH blood testing!).

I worked at this for a while several years ago. Never really saw any noticeable results from my efforts, and I worked at it hard. Tested my saliva and urine pH every day, kept logs, etc. Got pH adjusted well, but really didn't notice any benefit. Still got as sore after workouts. Still hit the burn wall at the same place.

Your results may vary. I don't have asthma.

thanks for your input and experience. maybe i just need to step it up a notch!

thanks for your input and experience. maybe i just need to step it up a notch!

MJRuff01 is offline Junior Member
    Will not affect Lactic acid, but if you are having trouble with expiration, then certainly your blood levels of Carbonic acid would rise.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    this is interesting...what is the goal of this training/diet? endurance?

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    i am very interested too. I have athsma and was wondering the effect on muscle growth and recovery time as well as fat burning as well

Thread Information