Thread: My Chemisty

Chichester is offline New Member

My Chemisty

58 year old male
    Taking 50mcg Synthroid for Thyroid
    Taking 0.4 gm Humatrope (GH) for Pituitary (both daily)

*Prolactin__________________<1.0 ng/mL ( 2.0-18.0 )
    *LH, Serum_________________1.4 mIU/mL ( 1.5-9.3 )
    FSH, Serum_________________7.6 mIU/mL ( 1.6-8.0 )
    Estridiol_____________________21pg/mL ( 13-54 )
    *Testoterone, Free____________26.6pg/mL ( 46-224 )
    *Testosterone , Bioavailable_____ 57.1ng/dL ( 110-575 )
    Albumin_____________________4.7 g/dL ( 3.6-5.1 )
    DHEA, LC-MS-MS______________98ng/dL ( 61-1636 )
    *Dihydrotestosterone___________23ng/dL ( 25-75 )
    Sex Hormone Binding Globulin___ 33nmol/L ( 18-47 )
    *Androstenedione LC-MS-MS____ 49ng/dL ( 50-220 )
    *Testosterone, Total LC-MS-MS__ 218ng/dL ( 250-1100 )
    *Testosterone, Free ___________32.3 pg/mL ( 35-155 )
    PSA 0.84

I don't know why I have 2 free Test tests, different labs?
    My Urologist put me on Testim gel for three months til I can come back, check my labs, and suggest something else, which he was open to. I see my Endocrinologist at Johns Hopkins in September. Any thoughts?
    I'm new, talk slow
    thanks, everybody

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    im actually curious as to what was wrong with your pituitary that you're on gh?
    also i ha d hypothyroidism and am on synthroid , didnt do a damn thing for me feeling wise, but am also on test e 150 mg a week and i feel great, once you get on shots and the other things you need im sure you will too

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    thoughts?

yup..

what are you goals, stats, symptoms....what do you and your doctor wish to achieve? whats your history(aas cycles?)

i didnt see any thyroid or igf levels on the bloodwork you listed but youre on both meds...

hope it works well for you...i hear a lot of good about gh

welcome btw

My pituitary is thought to have had a tumor, then it melted off. So now I have a small pituitary. My thyroid is being handled, this bloodwork was the exact same tests as the bloodwork I did seven years ago, and even I'm a little shocked at how low everything is. I've been retired on Chronic Fatigue for 15 years. Went to the gym before that but no aas cycles. My goal is to live a long happy life, which has eluded me for a long time. These are my actual levels, no games or tricks, etc. I'm interested in what I should request from my urologist, though that would probably change depending on future lab bloodwork. He mentioned testosterone injections every two or three weeks, which I've learned ain't too good. He didn't mention any other treatment. He literally lives 5 minutes away, so I'd like to get him trained. I went through every local endocrinologist when I got my GH.
    Last edited by Chichester; 05-21-2011 at 09:45 PM.

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    ok, first i was supposed to get mine every 3 weeks at 150 mg but after 10 days i felt like shit, now its every week, you need to fight for every week, also some hcg and an ai would be good just in case you get sides while on trt, but trust me once your t levels get up this "shitty" feeling about life disappears, its pretty sweet

every 2 week injections are better than no injections at all so get on that asap...if you can talk into self inject (shouldnt be too hard your in your late 50's and sound like you just want qol so then you can pin every week

rule out cancer (dre and mri) before using testosterone

I'm fifty-eight now, as I go into my sixties and hopfully seventies, Do I need more test or less?

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You would probably want to taper off some on where you T levels are at. That may require less T, or it may require more T. It depends on a lot of things.

At 75 you don't want to shoot for 900+ total T. At 58, it may be a good number for you. What really matters is at what level you feel best at now, and at what level you will feel best at when you are 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Chichester View Post
    I'm fifty-eight now, as I go into my sixties and hopfully seventies, Do I need more test or less?
    more or less than what? what your producing naturally? the testim gel? you didnt post the dose....any test is going to improve your levels than the 200's u r producing...i dont know what gnbm is talking about tapering off some...maybe i'm reading a different thread...

Near as I can figure I'm doing 35g/wk. I know I will have to confront my urologist when I ask to switch to injections. Do I ask for 100g/wk? Do I DEMAND 200??!!! I'm guessing my doc wants to play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chichester View Post
    Near as I can figure I'm doing 35g/wk. I know I will have to confront my urologist when I ask to switch to injections. Do I ask for 100g/wk? Do I DEMAND 200??!!! I'm guessing my doc wants to play it safe.
    200 is too much TO START.....

your T is low but your E2 is in a good place a 200mg shot will possibly make that skyrocket...you will need to keep an eye on that number anyway but 100mg is a nice starting dose, imo

100mg sounds good to me, I'll tell him my Blue Cross Pharmacist said that was a popular dose. I probably shouldn't mention you guys............no offense.... I actually did talk to a pharmacist on the phone with blue cross and she wouldn't mention a dose, she said talk to my doctor. She did mention that with injections my cost goes from $70/3mo. to $10/3mo. I think the contest here will be that my doc will want to give me 50mg/wk.

Welcome Chichester- You're on the right track. *This is the place!* No BS around her, if you're smart, and do your homework, it will change your life for the better.

The first thing that sticks out to me is your thyroid. What are your TSH, T3 and T4 numbers?

I too had chronic fatigue and Low T but didn't know about being Hypothyroid until after the TRT began but I still wasn't "feeling" better energy and mood wise. It wasn't until I got my Thyroid in check that I *really* began to get my energy back. It's a tricky issue and could be a whole thread in it's own right. I suggest you start by reading as much as you can on Hypothyroidism to educate yourself. stopthethyroidmadness.com is a good place to start.

Next is your thyroid med and dosage. It can take a year or more to get the *correct* dosage dialed in. There are literally dozens of options. Unfortunately, the only way to be certain is trial and error. Start your dose small and work your way up until you find what works best for you. TSH numbers are pretty much useless once you begin treatment, you *really* need to watch your T3 and T4 levels, [especially T3.] But most important is *how you feel*. All too often docs will go conservative and give you too little because your numbers look "ok" but you still feel like crap. With thyroid issues, it's more about how you "feel" and less about the numbers. You really need to take both into consideration and don't give in if the doc tells you you're fine when you know different.

Next is which med to take. I started on Synthroid , it's the *most* common but by far NOT the best med. There are other [better] natural thyroid meds, [such as Westhroid or Naturethroid] but you'd likely have to push to get them. I did but they made **ALL** the difference. Now I've got my energy and zest for life back. I've lost over 60 lbs in 7 months once I got on the natural stuff and the right dosage.

I could go on about the Thyroid, but I'll stop there for now. That's plenty to start with. I'll leave the TRT side of the equation to the others for now. They're more than capable and it already sounds like you're on the right track there.

I would only add that at some point, you'll need HCG to keep your "boys" from shrinking and try to stimulate whatever natural production you can. That and using an "Aromatase Inhibitor" [AI] *will* be necessary to keep your estrogen [E2] in check. You have a little more time to worry about the last two, but will definitely want to read up on them as well.

Best of luck.

F/T
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 05-24-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Johns Hopkins does my thyroid, and I trust them. I haven't notified them about my latest blood results, but they don't mess around up there. Just like on this forum, when I think everyone is stupid, it turns out I'm the stupid one. I haven't had my thyroid checked in over a year, I'll wait til this September when I go up to Baltimore. I could go on forever too, but right now I'm getting edukated. Thanks everyone.

Thread Information