32and worried is offline New Member

been on hrt ,testim for about a year dr. didnt tell me about side effects or anything

I ve been on the patches ,and the patches caused a burn ,so Dr.switched me to testim gel did not advise me of side effects or possible problems just told me that it would help me feel better because my T was 150-190 ,now I'm freaking out due to the fact I have hard time urinating and sex in the past I had very little recovery time to go again now I ejaculate and I'm do.e , and I've noticed my erections aren't what they used to be their almost barely there half the time ,,, and my balls are always drawed up and don't hang like they used to ,,have appt.with endo. ,on the 6th , yet I'm still really really scared , I hear all these horror stories bit then I hear something different , what will happen if I stop applying testim and never never go back to it ,,, will I slowly start producing t on my own ?? With hcg ? Why wast I advised ? I'm sorry for being so ignorant ,and what not , but I trusted my Dr. And I'm young and not familiar with this stuff.
    Th

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First, there are a lot of Doctors that don't know much about this stuff....THAT"S A FACT

Don't worry bro, you can feel good again, gather some info and don't be afraid to talk to your endo about it, YOU must educate yourself.

You need bloodwork to know for sure what is going on with your body, we could guess and I bet we would be fairly accurate but blood work tells the whole story and is what is needed in order to know what course of action to take.

Questions:....

Why were you prescribed the patches to begin with?

Do you have blood work from before you started? If so....post it up so we can get a better idea of what advice might be helpful to you.

Do you have blood work from sometime after you started the patches?....if so post it up.

Don't panic, many here have had similar experiences, it may take some serious effort on your part but it will all work out and you CAN feel great again with a little education and persistence.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    previous levels before trt
    how long on trt

Thread Information