Thread: Lab Ranges

Lab Ranges

I was thinking about how a man presenting with hypogonadal / Low T symptoms and is evaluated at the mid to low normal range and doesn't get help is such an injustice when you consider how these ranges are comprised.

Consider that most Americans are not very healthy, i.e., overweight, diet, smoking, drinking, no exercise, diabetes... to wit the ranges are derived!

Given that, the middle to low Test Ranges would, in my opinion, presents a male who is deficient and hypogonadal.

This was me; Total T was 383. Free T was 1.68% ... low normal ... but I had all the symptoms. Now on a solid TRT protocol and I am slightly above high normal but Free T is 2.56% and Bio Avail 68%. NICE.

Be interested in your thoughts here gents.

gd

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    What is your total T now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    What is your total T now?
    1180 Total T

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    1180 Total T
    Wow, you must feel great all the time. If you don't mind me asking, what is your dosage every week? Im thinking about putting myself on TRT

Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    Wow, you must feel great all the time. If you don't mind me asking, what is your dosage every week? I'm thinking about putting myself on TRT
    My protocol is as follows the some commentary:

Monday AM: 60 mg T Cyp & .5 AI
    Thursday PM: 60 mg T CYp & .5 AI
    HCG 250 iu EOD

BTW, my E2 was 22.9 last BW!

I started TRT Big about 9. months ago after a year of exhaustive research and finding the right Doc (I am 50 years old). I was classic low normal (my original post above) but didn't have the weight problem as I ran 12 miles a week but most of the classic symptoms were there. Additionally, I want to live the next 3rd of my life just like Dr. Life; I am a big believer in anti-aging protocols and TRT is on the cutting edge of that science.

My BF went from 18.9% to 13.4% but gained about 10 lbs...most muscle as I cut back on running and lift almost 100% of the time now.

All my symptoms went away after I started and I haven't looked this good even in college. I feel great all the time and sex drive is crazy. Doc said after my last BW that I am extremely healthy and I can feel it.

As most if not all the guys here will tell you; this counts as one of the best things I've ever done for myself in my life!

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    man you are lucky those numbers are great

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with your op 100%...

maybe another bit of ammo to help others convince their docs when they are in range but having symptoms...

i was a bit lower than you 5 years ago when got put on trt (290, 270) total test results...both in range but towards very bottom and was still accepted into the club

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    gdevine and jpkman... how much bf did you lose and how much muscle did you gain when you got dialed in?

Quote Originally Posted by lifter65 View Post
    gdevine and jpkman... how much bf did you lose and how much muscle did you gain when you got dialed in?
    Lifter - I didn't carry a lot of BF for my age given that I ran 4x a week. That being said I was 18.9% BF when I started TRT (which is good for a 50 year old) but dropped to 13.4% in just 5 months on TRT. As for muscle, I gained about 10 lbs during this process. I don't do much if any cardio now; all resistance training.

I can't put on my existing suit jackets on anymore, I am on the last hole of all by belts. my pants bunch up because my waist in now a 33 which what I was in High School!

Amazing shit!

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agree - they should use age brackets at least to determine normal ranges. But employers just dont want to open the flood gate and have to pay for all that t! They would rather men be obese, depressed and confused most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Agree - they should use age brackets at least to determine normal ranges. But employers just dont want to open the flood gate and have to pay for all that t! They would rather men be obese, depressed and confused most of the time.
    Right on. And the ranges are based on most people who are not even healthy; that's what gets me!

Flats, seriously man, I am under the belief the most men over 40 with mid to low range T values and with symptoms are clinically hypogonadal / Low T.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    yep, one way or another. in fact - a ton may be so because of free t values - free t values are often overlooked by our fine physicians as long as total is "normal" whatever

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Right on. And the ranges are based on most people who are not even healthy; that's what gets me!

Flats, seriously man, I am under the belief the most men over 40 with mid to low range T values and with symptoms are clinically hypogonadal / Low T.
    in addition, theres actually study(s) that show a decline in all men(all ages) in testosterone over the last century this separately than the decline due to normal aging

Thread Information