bwc2011 is offline New Member

My first Blast - Thoughts? Advice?

I'm 40, 6ft, 180. Been on HRT for 3 years now. Doc has me on test cyp 200mg/wk and anastrozole 1mg 3x week. I feel good but I want to increase size and strength yet stay lean as I can so hear is what I'm thinking for a 12 week blast.

Increase Test cyp to 250mg/wk for wk 1-12
    Deca 200mg/week for wk 1-12
    Anavar 40mg/day for wks 5-12
    Stick with Anastozole 1mg 3x wk to keep estrogen in check
    Cabergoline .25mg e4d to keep progesterone from deca in check (I feel like i'm gyno prone so I don't want to take any risks)
    I will have Letro on hand just in case of gyno
    Add some milk thistle and ALA to help out my liver from the Anavar

Sound ok? You might want to know that 10 years ago I did a test deca cycle and had great results except I got really puffy from the deca. I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't have any anastrozole or caber back then. That should keep me from getting puffy along with the anavar on this blast, ya?

Thanks guys.

Sledgehammer1 is offline Junior Member
    1.Increasing your test to 250 isn't really a blast. Really all your doing is adding in deca to your Trt. An additional 50mg a wk of test wont do very much. If you have made up your mind to do this, a good starting dose would be 400- 500mg Test/wk. The additional test will also help keep libido issues in check with deca.
    2. Taking 1mg arimidex 3xwk sounds like alot on TRT. While on cycle with deca, that much will be sufficient in keeping any bloat in check. Estrogen is necessary in building muscle.
    3. Keep the Caber on hand and wait to see how u react to taking Deca. At that dose with an arimitase inhibitor u shouldn't see any problems with prolactin levels. Prolactin effects the mammary gland but only in the presence of elevated estrogen levels. Without excess estrogen, prolactin cannot cause gyno.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    200 mg/week of T, yet you are 180 lbs @ 6 ft. I think your problem is your diet, your training, or both. If you want to get bigger you need to train bigger and eat for muscle bigger. You probably are a hard gainer (based on 6' and 180lbs and current 200mg/week of T). Even more reason to learn to eat to grow. The extra protocol may add another 5lbs of muscle. You need to add 20 lbs of muscle. That is going to take more than just T.

Thanks for the replies. Absolutely my diet is not perfect for for gaining and trust me I will not start a blast until I have the rest of the pieces in place - proper diet, training, rest,etc. That would be a huge waist of time and money. Ya definitely a hard gainer. Seems when I increase my calories and food I do gain size in my shoulders legs and back but I also add fat to my waist which looks like crap. That's why I wanted to ad var so I can stay lean. I have been studying these boards a lot and I wanted to test what I have learned so I can slowly begin getting what I need together for the blast when the time is right.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    200 mg/week of T, yet you are 180 lbs @ 6 ft. I think your problem is your diet, your training, or both. If you want to get bigger you need to train bigger and eat for muscle bigger. You probably are a hard gainer (based on 6' and 180lbs and current 200mg/week of T). Even more reason to learn to eat to grow. The extra protocol may add another 5lbs of muscle. You need to add 20 lbs of muscle. That is going to take more than just T.
    correct me if wrong but unless he edited his op clearly says deca at 200 and a slight bump in test and he's got AI...

imho, he's g2g although agree with you need a good diet for growth

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    or you may wish to consider increasing your internal gh levels with the use of peptides?

less risky, imho

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    correct me if wrong but unless he edited his op clearly says deca at 200 and a slight bump in test and he's got AI...

imho, he's g2g although agree with you need a good diet for growth
    Instead of saying ". . . take more than just T" I should have said that it will take more than a blast. Even the deca and Tisn't going to add 20lbs of muscle.

Instead of saying ". . . take more than just T" I should have said that it will take more than a blast. Even the deca and Tisn't going to add 20lbs of muscle.
    Guess i'm still confused because the only mention of 20lbs was in your post not the op

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    I am going to follow this because I am looking to do a blast in January. And I want to make sure I have everything in line and researched before I start. I don't necessarily want to add 20lbs. of muscle to my frame, I mainly want to add about 10lbs of muscle and lose about 20lbs. of fat.

Guess i'm still confused because the only mention of 20lbs was in your post not the op
    At 6', it will take 20 lbs of muscle added to his current 180 lbs to make are real difference. Of course, I assume he will actually train legs too.

At 6', it will take 20 lbs of muscle added to his current 180 lbs to make are real difference. Of course, I assume he will actually train legs too.
    that actually is a good point...now that i have focused more on legs than before i feel like i'm losing bf again but weight is staying and i'm 6'3"

Thanks for the discussion on this thread. I failed to say what my goals were in my original post. Actually adding 20 pounds of muscle would be great and I agree with you that it will take that much to make a significant difference on my frame. Yes, I will be training legs heavily so no worries there. Now that you guys know my goals should I increase my dosages for the blast or just leave as is this first time around? When I did that test/deca cycle 10 years ago I did gain 20 pounds and I know I wasnt doing any higher doses because there was no way I could have afforded it back then. Got up to 195 and looked great until the last month of my cycle when I realized that much of my gains were water weight from the deca. This time I have anavar and AI so hoping to get a much harder look.

Quote Originally Posted by bwc2011 View Post
    Thanks for the discussion on this thread. I failed to say what my goals were in my original post. Actually adding 20 pounds of muscle would be great and I agree with you that it will take that much to make a significant difference on my frame. Yes, I will be training legs heavily so no worries there. Now that you guys know my goals should I increase my dosages for the blast or just leave as is this first time around? When I did that test/deca cycle 10 years ago I did gain 20 pounds and I know I wasnt doing any higher doses because there was no way I could have afforded it back then. Got up to 195 and looked great until the last month of my cycle when I realized that much of my gains were water weight from the deca. This time I have anavar and AI so hoping to get a much harder look.
    best of luck to you bro....imma leave this to ppl that have more cycle experience...i've had only one 20 years ago and was not knowledgeable then and have only done a small blast about 5 years ago something along the lines as you were thinking before the 20lbs came into play...also you would probably get more advice in the aas cycle forum as this is hrt forum

yeah, maybe jump over to the cycle forum with this issue.

double chicken is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwc2011 View Post
    If your diet is in check and you are doing cardio then you should not get a whole lot of water weight gain.

Thanks everyone. I'll run this by the cycle forum as you suggest.

swllce is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to the board Hammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer1 View Post
    1.Increasing your test to 250 isn't really a blast. Really all your doing is adding in deca to your Trt. An additional 50mg a wk of test wont do very much. If you have made up your mind to do this, a good starting dose would be 400- 500mg Test/wk. The additional test will also help keep libido issues in check with deca.
    2. Taking 1mg arimidex 3xwk sounds like alot on TRT. While on cycle with deca, that much will be sufficient in keeping any bloat in check. Estrogen is necessary in building muscle.
    3. Keep the Caber on hand and wait to see how u react to taking Deca. At that dose with an arimitase inhibitor u shouldn't see any problems with prolactin levels. Prolactin effects the mammary gland but only in the presence of elevated estrogen levels. Without excess estrogen, prolactin cannot cause gyno.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    The question to blast or not depends in your blood work. For example, if your blood work shows your test levels at 300's and now at 200mg/test/week your levels are 1000's you really don't need a blast, anything above 800's levels will be enough for you to build some muscle, unless you have a problem with diet and exercise, and no matter how much steroids you will do, they won't work alone. however any increase of dose will put you in better position. My opinion will be base in your test levels, prior and post TRT. with those numbers you can make a decision to blast or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    The question to blast or not depends in your blood work. For example, if your blood work shows your test levels at 300's and now at 200mg/test/week your levels are 1000's you really don't need a blast, anything above 800's levels will be enough for you to build some muscle, unless you have a problem with diet and exercise, and no matter how much steroids you will do, they won't work alone. however any increase of dose will put you in better position. My opinion will be base in your test levels, prior and post TRT. with those numbers you can make a decision to blast or not.
    another GREAT point

another GREAT point
    thanks jpkman

double chicken is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    thanks jpkman
    Jumper-
    I am sure you make many great points but I am always distracted by your Avatar. It draws me in and then I forget what the topic was...

Quote Originally Posted by double chicken View Post
    Jumper-
    I am sure you make many great points but I am always distracted by your Avatar. It draws me in and then I forget what the topic was...
    i agree BUT....HE doesnt think you should change it though

Sledgehammer1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vickenkalle View Post
    Welcome to the board Hammer!
    Thanks Vickenkalle.

Quote Originally Posted by double chicken View Post
    Jumper-
    sorry, I can't think about change it. But thanks for the compliment.

Thread Information