Thread: Help with labs

boboznutz is offline New Member

Help with labs

Just got these numbers back and the ranges my lab uses look like BS. I feel my numbers are very low and my symptoms match. Went thru this a few years ago with Kaiser insurance and they would not treat due to numbers being within range, now I have better insurance and refuse to let the Docs not treat me but these ranges make me fear I am heading down the same road as before. I see the doc tomorrow and I think she will refer me to an endo.... My insrance requires me to see my PMD first.

Here are the labs, What do you guys think?

Testosterone 209
    range 160 - 728 ng/dL

FREE TESTOSTERONE 0.183 nmol/L
    range Male (17 - 65 yrs): 0.091 - 0.579

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    how old are you?
    and yes those numbers are extremely low but since your in range i doubt the endo will treat you unless hes really up to date on trt

swllce is offline Associate Member
    Post your stats and goals.
    I had almost the same numbers.
    I went with a clinic to save me the headache of dealing with doctors who don't know the first thing about trt,except that it might become an liability issue for them when all goes wrong.Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by boboznutz View Post
    Just got these numbers back and the ranges my lab uses look like BS. I feel my numbers are very low and my symptoms match. Went thru this a few years ago with Kaiser insurance and they would not treat due to numbers being within range, now I have better insurance and refuse to let the Docs not treat me but these ranges make me fear I am heading down the same road as before. I see the doc tomorrow and I think she will refer me to an endo.... My insrance requires me to see my PMD first.

Here are the labs, What do you guys think?

Testosterone 209
    range 160 - 728 ng/dL

FREE TESTOSTERONE 0.183 nmol/L
    range Male (17 - 65 yrs): 0.091 - 0.579

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Make sure you stress your symptoms first and foremost. Then you can speak of your knowledge of trt. Looks like you have been hanging around or at least a member for a long time now so you prolly know the drill. If your doc/ins won't treat your symptoms as a real medical condition then it's clinic time.

Good luck and welcome back.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    ranges seem to differ and change like the weather...

either way YOU ARE LOW...and agree with above..

maybe you will have better luck than u think with the doc...speak well and confident and knowledgeable at the visit and like flats said repeat your symptoms..

best of luck

Thread Information