GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member

How to find a good HRT doc

I just received an HCG refill from my compounding pharmacy. They included a post card advertising a seminar they are putting on along with a local lab: "Hormones and Your Health". It runs from 7 to 9 pm, registration fee is $20, and that includes a steak or chicken dinner!

The guest speaker is someone who has an RPh degree (not sure what that is) from the lab testing company co-sponsoring the event. There is no doctor listed as a speaker; howerver, there is no way they can possibly present a bunch of HRT information and not provide a doctor list. Of course, that doctor list will be someone who uses that lab and compounding pharmacy. So right away you have a great list of docs, hand picked by a lab and compounding pharmacy, who will prescribe HRT.

Obviously, this particular seminar is only valid for my area, but I checked out the compounding pharmacy's website and they actually have a section for a hormone consultation on their site, along with advertising the upcoming seminar.

Obviously, the pharmacy is cashing in on the anti-aging thing. But I love the fact that this is out there as a way to get hooked up with a decent HRT doc. Any docs using this compounding pharmacy must also get exposed to this pharmacy's HRT stuff. So all things considered, this is a good thing. We don't even have to call around to compounding pharmacies in our area!

I googled the following: "compounding pharmacy" seminar hormones <My State>

I got 140,000 hits. Sure enough, lots of compounding pharmacies are involved in putting on seminars for HRT. And these pharmacies will know the good docs. Now, many of my hits were not directly tied to pharmacies, but even those provided links to other sites with local references.
    Last edited by GotNoBlueMilk; 07-31-2011 at 04:09 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    pick the steak

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    RPh= a pharmacy degree.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    I just received an HCG refill from my compounding pharmacy. They included a post card advertising a seminar they are putting on along with a local lab: "Hormones and Your Health". It runs from 7 to 9 pm, registration fee is $20, and that includes a steak or chicken dinner!

The guest speaker is someone who has an RPh degree (not sure what that is) from the lab testing company co-sponsoring the event. There is no doctor listed as a speaker; howerver, there is no way they can possibly present a bunch of HRT information and not provide a doctor list. Of course, that doctor list will be someone who uses that lab and compounding pharmacy. So right away you have a great list of docs, hand picked by a lab and compounding pharmacy, who will prescribe HRT.

Obviously, this particular seminar is only valid for my area, but I checked out the compounding pharmacy's website and they actually have a section for a hormone consultation on their site, along with advertising the upcoming seminar.

Obviously, the pharmacy is cashing in on the anti-aging thing. But I love the fact that this is out there as a way to get hooked up with a decent HRT doc. Any docs using this compounding pharmacy must also get exposed to this pharmacy's HRT stuff. So all things considered, this is a good thing. We don't even have to call around to compounding pharmacies in our area!

I googled the following: "compounding pharmacy" seminar hormones <My State>

I got 140,000 hits. Sure enough, lots of compounding pharmacies are involved in putting on seminars for HRT. And these pharmacies will know the good docs. Now, many of my hits were not directly tied to pharmacies, but even those provided links to other sites with local references.
    Most of us here are on the cusp of a new medical vertical. You are correct GNBM, this is a way to find a Doc who understands correct TRT protocols. In the near future it won't be this way as it will become more main stream.

I like to think of us as the pioneers in TRT

BTW, RPh = Registered Pharmacist (has a license).

scaredycat is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice. I am going to try now.

Thread Information