scaredycat is offline Junior Member

32 years old and 318 ng/dl. Should I go for HRT?

I put on fat very easily(seriously, I look at a cheeseburger and get fatter). I stay sore after workouts for a week. I am tired all the time, yet I wake up every night and can't go back to sleep. I still look like I am 18. I tried to buy my son a sling shot and got carded(you have to be 16 here, WTF). It is obvious to me that I should start HRT. But the idea of being on it for the rest of my life....

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Being on HRT for the rest of your life, especially when you are looking at 50 more years, is a serious consideration. Feeling like you feel now for the rest of your life is also a serious issue.

You have T of 318, but what were the other test levels. Is your E2 real high? Was your LH high or low? Low LH means you have a pituitary that is not producing enough LH to tell your boys to make Test. If you have high LH it could mean your boys are no longer responding to LH. Have you felt this way all your life or has this developed in the last few years?

My point is it would be worth finding out what your issue really is, and what is causing it. At 52 (my age), it is pretty much a given I'm doing to have declining T. And I do. No shock there. At 32, the cause is not age. Try to find a doc who can work with you and locate the cause. Treat that.

Failing all of that, consider HRT or feeling like you do now.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    similar post....you already looked into it...dont look back now

Bigfoot66 is offline Junior Member
    When the fat falls off, your gains in the gym are easy to attain, and people do a double take when they see you after a long time, you will know you did the right thing. If you were diabetic you wouldn't think twice about the lifetime commitment. Why is this any different?

Also...TRT does help you age/mature....it caught me up about 10 years...all positive though.

TRT effects will put you in positive situations where you will have to take risks...venture out and enjoy the lifetime ride!

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    my doctor says he sees more and more guys in their early 30s with low t. If your symptoms are hard to handle then I would say go for it. Ive been on since 25yo

Thread Information