biggymrat is offline Junior Member

Do you use the same needle over and over again?

So, I have question about the needle that I use to suck the test into my syringe. I use a 18ga needle to pull the test in and then switch to a 23ga to inject.

Should I be using a new 18ga needle each time I am ready to inject or can I just keep using the same one since I'll never be sticking myself with that needle?

Quote Originally Posted by biggymrat View Post
    So, I have question about the needle that I use to suck the test into my syringe. I use a 18ga needle to pull the test in and then switch to a 23ga to inject.

Should I be using a new 18ga needle each time I am ready to inject or can I just keep using the same one since I'll never be sticking myself with that needle?
    I use the same 18g to pull the test. I just make sure to clean the needle with alcohol before and after each pull. Technically, it should be new and sterile every time however.

biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    I use the same 18g to pull the test. I just make sure to clean the needle with alcohol before and after each pull. Technically, it should be new and sterile every time however.
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing too. Today is my injection day and for some reason I was just wondering if the way I was doing it was alright.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Needles are cheap, I use a new one each time. Even cleaning with alcohol leaves the possibility of injecting something nasty into your body, alcohol sanitizes but it is not sterile.

Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    Box of 100 pins.......$8.00

Nasty infection.....priceless.

Marine2000 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred40 View Post
    Box of 100 pins.......$8.00

Nasty infection.....priceless.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Needles are dirt cheap. Skip your trip to Starbucks once a month and use that money to buy pins.

sirupate is offline Member
    I always went new syringe or needle. They are inexpensive, at least to me, and no sense of taking chances on infection or contamination of my test. vials.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    i had no idea ppl were using the same 18 guage to draw and save til reading this thread...doesnt seem that you could keep it 100% sterile or each time using you would think that percentage would go down each time.....idk....
    i learned always new everything

im83931 is offline Senior Member

Here is a magnified image of a used needle. Do you really want to use that?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just replace them not worth the problems.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    If I had a dollar for every time this comes up..well you know the rest...
    I personally cannot understand how someone doesnt have enough money for rigs..They are so cheap..Even to someone who is poor they are cheap. We are talking cheaper than a Burger King value meal cheap!!! Its not saying that you will get an infection if you dont change draw needles, its just that you might..And the pain and problems created by an abscess is enough for me to spend the extra few bucks to give me that much more of a chance to avoid getting one..They are unbelievably painful especially if it gets so bad they have to be lanced and drained..Then you have a nasty scar to remind yourself of what a cheap ass you were...

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    These are the people who core the rubber stopper and then are too cheap to use a filter needle.

Thread Information