TASSY5 is offline Associate Member

Weening off trt for a while

my levels are ok, taking clomid and 50mg of test c once per week. trying to ween off. nuts are coming back slowly. My drive is still there but strength is off by a reasonable bit. very lean though and lost 25 pounds since cutting back.
    I just felt it contributed to the downfall of my marriage with the attitude i had and the arrogance i put out. Before yall flame me i made this a personal decision to see if this helped my attitiude and body and to try and fix my marriage with i think is too late. but i'm gonna try this for a while. If no resolve then I may get back on and keep it up. i was on for 4 years and actually like the less fluid i carry now. I will keep yall informed if my later results.

Script is offline New Member
    This is interesting. Keep us informed. I've thought about quitting TRT. I haven't been able to manage my E2 and I'm not feeling the TRT magic. I also prefer the leaner me pre-TRT. I'm going to change up my AI dose, see how my labs look, and then make a decision whether to quit TRT or not.

Were you an arrogant person to begin with?

Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    I think it's more a question of balance. Everyone is different. Some are hypersensitive and others are dead opposite. For some the gels work much better, others prefer the injections.

If you were low and having symptoms then going off will only bring you back there. Then again you need to weigh the symptoms "on" vs. "off" T.

It might just be a matter of finding the perfect dosage and frequency. Some guys are great at a total T of 500 and a mess at 1000, others are only happy at 900+.

Going off will bring you back to where you were and probably worse (you're 4 years older now).

I would also think that properly dialed in you would be leaner on T than off.

Certainly won't hurt you to go off.....and you can always fire it back up again. That's one nice thing about TRT.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What are your blood levels now? Post up some recent bloodwork.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    good luck with trying to fix or find whats missing..

imo, hormone balance (what trt is supposed to be) wont bread arrogance...confidence maybe but i think arrogance is a character flaw

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The real problem comes about when hormones are out of whack. I know I am very irritable and crabby when my levels get out of whack.

Please make sure you understand what it takes to re-start...it's not easy and generally not very successful.

Make an informed decision.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like to make your marriage work you had to surrender your balls back over to the wife. Some women dont like men who are in charge but at the same time they will walk all over you until it is boring then dump you for someone else who is challenging again. Hopefully this is not your case and you dont turn into a metro sexual or worse.

Let us know if it works out for you.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How about those blood tests, you do have recent blood work that shows everything is normal, right? You aren't guessing are you? It could be something as simple as E2 being a little off that makes you hard to get along with, thats what it does to me. I agree with gdevine.........make an informed decision, only a fool would make a life changing decision like this without educating himself and getting a full blood panel done. Good luck bro, think it through first.

Thread Information