Cravenmorehead is offline Associate Member

Wife having slight problem with HRT

My wife is complaining about vaginal itching after initiating HRT. She is using estriol and Estradiol tabs intra-vaginally and progesterone dermal cream on the body. She is also on 10mg test cyp weekly along with a small dose of DHEA.
    I'm sure it's due to the rapid floral change (pH etc) in the vagina with resultant fungal proliferation. Any input from you other ladies?

Is this going to require constant monistat use or will the symptoms subside when the body adjusts to the new moistness,pH changes, etc.

BTW.....she is post menopausal and 53.....and finally has some libido again

Vettester is offline Banned
    My wife takes close to the same on the weekly cyp injections, plus the DHEA. She also takes pregnenolone cream. She doesn't take any E2 or E3 treatments, as her numbers are fine in that area. Guessing your wife's symptoms are related to the estrogen treatment applied in the vaginal region; possibly a reaction causing the itching. Maybe look to see if her doctor can provide a compound topical skin cream that will have the same dosage levels, keeping the application away from the vaginal area.

Hate to go away from the vaginal route since the dosing is so precise.....but thanks for the info.

Would any of the ladies care to share some insight on this if possible???

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'd have her see an OBGYN.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I dont know anything about HRT, but Im sure the iching is driving her crazy and the constant use of Monostat doesnt sound like an actual answear to the problem (not to mention if it was me I would start to feel seriously self contious about it , and its no fun having to use it) I would def talk to the Dr prescribing the HRT and/or OBGYN.
    Hopefully she can find a route that has less undesirable side effects. ~good luck to her

VMAAG is offline Female Member
    The itching is due to the cream itself - the base and NOT the estrogen. See if the pharmacy has another option for her in terms of them using a different cream base. If not then try another pharmacy as each pharmacy has their own bases they work with. And while she's at it be sure it's a Paraben-free cream. As you may be aware parabens have been shown to cause cancer.

Thanks for the assistance.

Thread Information