TheNegs is offline New Member

HRT Appointment Thursday

Hey guys, I'm new to the board and I have a really basic question. My doctor is running routine blood work on me Thursday morning and, depending on what my free-test numbers are like, prescribing me a range of "solutions." Of course I want as accurate of a measure as possible, but hypothetically what would make my test numbers lower? I heard eating little and what I do eat have it be soy. No meat, no dairy, no fatty foods, don't sleep the night before and over exercise all the way leading up to the appointment.
    Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    Eric from NJ

devildog1967 is offline Associate Member
    Why would you want to falsify your test results ? Is that not just cheating yourself, If your levels are normal but have all the symptoms that low test would give , then go on that root and explain how you feel and what problems its causing . Thats what im doing and looks like its working as there looking into it as possibly getting my test levels higher than the norm . I take it your wanting TRT ?

Quote Originally Posted by devildog1967 View Post
    Why would you want to falsify your test results ? Is that not just cheating yourself, If your levels are normal but have all the symptoms that low test would give , then go on that root and explain how you feel and what problems its causing . Thats what im doing and looks like its working as there looking into it as possibly getting my test levels higher than the norm . I take it your wanting TRT ?
    In essence, yes. I have a cop buddy who was put on test cyp because he was on the low end of normal (normal is a wide range, at 350-1000) and the doc is very pro-HRT so there is that. By the sound of it, getting a treatment was never really in question, it was just whether or not insurance would cover it, hence wanting low test numbers. I do actually have all of the symptoms so I don't really feel like I'm gaming the system, but if 349 would do it, why not 149?
    Last edited by TheNegs; 09-07-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Sorry buddy as im in the uk and dont need to bother about insurance ... But good luck

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNegs View Post
    In essence, yes. I have a cop buddy who was put on test cyp because he was on the low end of normal (normal is a wide range, at 350-1000) and the doc is very pro-HRT so there is that. By the sound of it, getting a treatment was never really in question, it was just whether or not insurance would cover it, hence wanting low test numbers. I do actually have all of the symptoms so I don't really feel like I'm gaming the system, but if 349 would do it, why not 149?
    Is your cop buddy a NJ or NY cop? Seems all cops in NY and NJ have low T levels and need TRT. Maybe it's the doughnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by gotnobluemilk View Post
    is your cop buddy a nj or ny cop? Seems all cops in ny and nj have low t levels and need trt. Maybe it's the doughnuts.
    lmao...

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    Is your cop buddy a NJ or NY cop? Seems all cops in NY and NJ have low T levels and need TRT. Maybe it's the doughnuts.
    x 2. Yeah right? That is a big to-do there, especially in Jersey City. Those fools actually put out a Calendar posing with their SWAT/Assault rifles. I think they now have mandatory testing. LOLs...

Good luck on yr visit OP. If you're having all the symptoms & your Doc is knowledgeable, then you should be GTG...
    Last edited by APIs; 09-07-2011 at 09:08 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog1967 View Post
    this seems to be a common question...

as i dont believe in it either, you have to consider the circus you could be entering

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    lets say you drop it super low. Then he puts you on TRT and runs labs in 6 months and you are way high because you were artificially low. He is just going to back off the dose.

Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    Besides.....Test Cyp shouldn't break the bank. Mine averages just over $14 a month with no insurance.

I was not low enough for insurance to cover but I did get it prescribed because of all the symptoms I had.

Also.....if you go on it for a while your natural production will crash so after a few months you could stop taking it, get a blood test and then let your insurance cover it at that point. You do know that TRT is for life? I wouldn't be doing this if my levels were normal and I wasn't feeling like crap.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred40 View Post
    You do know that TRT is for life? I wouldn't be doing this if my levels were normal and I wasn't feeling like crap.
    Right on. Most guys think they are going to do this and get insurance to pay for a cycle. It doesnt work that way though.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by im83931 View Post
    right on. Most guys think they are going to do this and get insurance to pay for a cycle. It doesnt work that way though.
    bingo!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Methinks the OP is full of crap. Has all the symptoms, but needs to get his scores down? Wants to be as accurate as possible, but is looking for advice on how to fool the test? Please, leave TRT to those of us that actually need it. Going on TRT when you don't need it is idiotic.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Best bet ... Go to an independent place like privatemdlabs and run a complete male hormone panel, which will include Total, free, E2, SHBG, DHEA, LH/FSH, your PSA, and so much more. Post your results here along with your stats, and you will get straight up answers whether you should be looking at HRT or not. There should be more to the picture than just what your "free test" score is. If you're indeed a candidate for therapy, we will tell you so and we will help you understand what you need to be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Methinks the OP is full of crap. Has all the symptoms, but needs to get his scores down? Wants to be as accurate as possible, but is looking for advice on how to fool the test? Please, leave TRT to those of us that actually need it. Going on TRT when you don't need it is idiotic.
    I suppose you missed the thinly veiled sarcasm; I am not looking for them to be as accurate as possible. In fact that is the opposite of what I said. I want the results to be low enough to require TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Best bet ... Go to an independent place like privatemdlabs and run a complete male hormone panel, which will include Total, free, E2, SHBG, DHEA, LH/FSH, your PSA, and so much more. Post your results here along with your stats, and you will get straight up answers whether you should be looking at HRT or not. There should be more to the picture than just what your "free test" score is. If you're indeed a candidate for therapy, we will tell you so and we will help you understand what you need to be looking for.
    See, that was the kind of helpful answer I was looking for. Thank you. My goal is to gain some size and have regular sleep cycles - it's nice to never have to worry about high blood pressure and to work 30 hours straight without rest, but honestly I'd trade it for a little more regularity and a bulkier physique.

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    x 2. Yeah right? That is a big to-do there, especially in Jersey City. Those fools actually put out a Calendar posing with their SWAT/Assault rifles. I think they now have mandatory testing. LOLs...

Good luck on yr visit OP. If you're having all the symptoms & your Doc is knowledgeable, then you should be GTG...
    You are correct, good sir. NJ is now instituting tests but all that does is, unless the police doctor says they need it, relieving the department of financial responsibility for the treatments, not stopping the treatments themselves. My buddy was about 165 at 5'10" and decently toned - now he is a little over 200 from test cyp and HGH... go figure, I guess he *needed* it.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNegs View Post
    You are correct, good sir. NJ is now instituting tests but all that does is, unless the police doctor says they need it, relieving the department of financial responsibility for the treatments, not stopping the treatments themselves. My buddy was about 165 at 5'10" and decently toned - now he is a little over 200 from test cyp and HGH... go figure, I guess he *needed* it.
    I have friends that are LEOs from when I lived in the area that I still keep in touch with. One told me it's so bad now, even if you have a medical necessity for TRT, you must let your Commander know and it may even cost your job due to the politics involved. Pretty crappy if you ask me. What every happened to patient confidentiality?

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    I have friends that are LEOs from when I lived in the area that I still keep in touch with. One told me it's so bad now, even if you have a medical necessity for TRT, you must let your Commander know and it may even cost your job due to the politics involved. Pretty crappy if you ask me. What every happened to patient confidentiality?
    I know what you mean, but the newspapers showed squad pictures from like 5 departments from now and 3 years ago and damn near the whole group put on like 40+ pounds a person and excessive force complaints are off the charts. I know a few people who have gone through cycles and none of them (seem) have had rage issues but who knows?

Thread Information