THINKBIG is offline Junior Member

Feeling great but what do I do about this acne?

So i'm 10 weeks into my TRT and i'm feeling great, Sex drive is thru the roof....only place the wife hasn't got it Energy is awesome, actually have more patience with the kids. Sleeping great probably due to the nightly sex.
    But this acne is driving me crazy, breaking out on my face, chest, shoulders, back of my neck. using acne body wash seems to help with the oily skin but this shit just seems to multiply.....you guys have any recommendations? i know there is a pill you can take but I heard it has some dangerous side effects.
    I can live with a little acne but by this spring I should be back in decent shape and I really don't want to have to keep my clothes on to cover up the landmines.
    Oh yeah did I mention the SEX.....

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Test will cause acne in some. Other contributers are estrogen and DHEA. First thing would be to look at E2 levels. Many folks have been able to control the acne well enough just by lowering E2 to a good level.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Shower more often at least 2 times a day. The tanning bed helps 2. You should start to level out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by THINKBIG View Post
    So i'm 10 weeks into my TRT and i'm feeling great, Sex drive is thru the roof....only place the wife hasn't got it Energy is awesome, actually have more patience with the kids. Sleeping great probably due to the nightly sex.
    But this acne is driving me crazy, breaking out on my face, chest, shoulders, back of my neck. using acne body wash seems to help with the oily skin but this shit just seems to multiply.....you guys have any recommendations? i know there is a pill you can take but I heard it has some dangerous side effects.
    I can live with a little acne but by this spring I should be back in decent shape and I really don't want to have to keep my clothes on to cover up the landmines.
    Oh yeah did I mention the SEX.....

bigboy67 is offline Associate Member
    ... and for your face, go back to being a teenager (your skin has, haha) and remember to wash your face a few times a day with a real facewash, and use some Noxema alcohol acne wipes to dry out your face a bit.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The first six months+ of TRT gave me alotta acne too, but it leveled out eventually. As someone mentioned, you just have to get your E2 levels in check & then wait. Remember, you're literally being bombarded with Hormones after your body has lacked them for so long. Eventually the body will adjust on its own. That's my thought on it anyway...

confused123 is offline Junior Member
    Battled this for long time .....went to dermatologist and minocyline got it under control...still get minor breakouts as i am on high dise and still looking for a good or "sweat spot"

spoonta66 is offline Associate Member
    I use exfoliating gloves every time I wash, morning and night, over my whole body and face. My acne has reduced to about 5% of what it used to be, best $2 I ever spend, it even reduces the look of the scars from previous bouts..

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    For a bit of a home remedy: dab a bit of white toothpaste on your spots and leave overnight and wash off in the morning very gently with luke warm water. White paste only....not gel.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

THINKBIG is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the tips, I'm going to get my bloodwork done soon dr said Nov but I think I'm gonna do it this week

boxingfan30 is offline Member
    I had the WORST acne on my forehead (not from test but just did) my dermotologist gave me creams and all kinds of prescripts that didn't help. Finally she gave me Tazorac in the strongest dose... now it does get rid of zits, but on my forehead it takes a while if I have a break out.

This is my daily regimen:
    Shower and wash my face with PanOxyl (face bar) which is OTC face wash and REALLY will dry your face out. I then use my Tazorac, but you could try any sort of spot care.
    I then apply Olay SPF 15 Anti Wrinkle for mature skin lotion... which you would think would make the acne worse, but the problem is that if you let your skin dry out to much it will respond by making more oil to hydrate your skin, so try the Olay, I like it because it soaks right in and you don't feel greasy after using it.

At night I rewash my face, let it dry for about 5-10 minutes, apply more spot care and use Olay replenishing night cream.. again, it soaks right in.

Of course the other benefits are that your skin looks great. I just turned 33 and most people think i'm 25 or 27 are the 2 common ages that I get when people try to guess
    Last edited by boxingfan30; 09-30-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Thread Information