yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up What is the product you can buy to sort of freeze the injection site

My first medical doctor who treated me with prolotherapy had a sort of freezing spray that he sprayed on my lower back before injection.

It really help lessen the pain and it froze me as deep as an inch or so.

I cannot remember the name of that product, i would like to use this if possible to freeze either my leg or shoulder prior to my testosterone injection.

Thanks guys

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Yannick,
    Im not sure how much that costs, or where to get it, or even what you are referring to. I'd suggest before investing in all that, try pinning without and see for yourself. I suspect that you will quickly realize what you are referring to is unnecessary. I had my doc at kaiser show me how to do my first injection, but you can go to youtube and they have videos on how to do it there as well.
    Good luck!
    ---Roman

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    cmg...cbg

I have been receiveing prolotherapy injections for a while now, and you are right i kind of feel no pain, they medical doctor does not stab, he kind of puts the needle in place and pushes. Needle goes in fine.

I need to see how a leg injection would go you are right. Problem is that i never self injected myself, when i did my steroid cycle i did it with another guy and we injected in the glutes, that was easy upper side of the glute. I don't see myself doing that alone nor would i thrust my girlfriend to do it too, and she would probably not either.

Testosterone is in oil so i guess the injection will take a lot more time then simple dextrose and xylocaine injection.

I was also thinking of shoulder injection.

Thanks again for reply.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    for me, shoulders are painless, and glutes are too. I have some issues with quads, but nothing major. If you are serious about this, you need to do it yourself. Don't abdicate the responsibility to someone else.

Good question

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think what the OP is reffering to is an Ethyl Chloride based spray used to lower skin temperature. Typically the temperature of the skin and underlying tissue is reduced by 10°c or so, using it to freeze the skin would of course be misuse and should be avoided like the plague . While that may be a good thing in the hands of a doctor for a nervous patient so that they do not feel the needle stick and jump around. I would be reluctant to use it myself as it might interfere with noticing if an injection felt uncomfortable due to bad needle placement. This is particularly true when pinning thighs as several times I have felt discomfort or an unusual amount of resistance to the needles penetration and have pulled out and relocated to a nearby area. Same thing with the standard throw a dart motion of needle insertion, while it may be the ticket for insertion in a nervous patient it is not a technique I would use on myself.

Once again thanks for your replies guys, shoulder might be my best bet then, i got some prolo in the shoulder too for a lose ligament, and i did not feel a thing. Tights yeah that might be an issue too, leg muscles are often tight and strong.

Glutes i don't see how i could do this by myself. So best bet is shoulder. I guess i will be injection once every 7 days so i can alternate shoulders without any issue.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Where its rugged?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Glutes i don't see how i could do this by myself. So best bet is shoulder. I guess i will be injection once every 7 days so i can alternate shoulders without any issue.
    Glutes are pain free for me and easy if I use a mirror. Push it in with one hand, adjust the hand to aspirate (look in the mirror for blood), then slowly push the plunger. Easy peasy. Don't worry about letting go of the syringe for a second to adjust your hand. It won't go anywhere.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    TRT is for life so one had better get used to pinning. Used to bother me at first. Need to suck it up & just do it...

BigBadWolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas

Glutes are pain free for me and easy if I use a mirror. Push it in with one hand, adjust the hand to aspirate (look in the mirror for blood), then slowly push the plunger. Easy peasy. Don't worry about letting go of the syringe for a second to adjust your hand. It won't go anywhere.
    Hell no it wont go no where !! Lol

ecdysone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    I cannot remember the name of that product, i would like to use this if possible to freeze either my leg or shoulder prior to my testosterone injection.
    Not that I would recommend it for this use, but the stuff they sell for wart-removal is a freezing spray.

But back to your original issue, why don't you inject more frequently and use just use an insulin syringe with a 29 gauge (or smaller) needle? Won't hardly feel a thing.

ecdysone i need to check my options, i will not pretend that i am a master at TRT and know everything, i am a noob, with 1 very bad steroid cycle behing him that was 12 years ago.

I never planned to use steroids again in my life, and this was dropped on my legs the other day like a bomb when i went to my medical doctor. All my blood work came back prefect except i am close to be anemic, at 139, the norm is 157 for that reading but i think anemia starts at 137 or so i think. I do not have the symptoms of anemia that i had last year when i was at 134, rapid heart beat, pale skin, huge dark circle under the eyes. But the fatigue and a bit of depression was there, fatigue mostly so i was offered androgel for 4 months.

I am going back Nov 2 and checking out my options, i hope that by this time the medical doctor will have my testosterone results. I really don't mind boosting my level to have my body repair itself faster. But i need to be sure that my test level is low.

Thread Information