Signmaker is offline Junior Member

TRT and Testicular Atrophy

I'm am a month into TRT and have so far been very pleased from both the physical and emotional effects from it. However, the frustrating part is my Doctor! I have learned so much on this forum that when I had my first post TRT appointment I could tell just how much my Doc didn't know. I went to my appointment equipped with printouts from Dr. John Crisler and hoping that we could come up with a plan together. Instead, he quickly dismissed the articles and said that those protocols were strictly for body builders who are taking more than they should. Needless to say, I have gotten numbers to local compounding pharmacys and will be looking for a new PCP who understands TRT along with HCG and AI. The main reason for the urgency is during the past few days I have noticed that my testicles have begun to tighten up much higher than before when having sex., and it seemed liked it happened over night. This just confirms once again that my Doc is full of BS! He told me initially after my first BW that my TEST levels were so low because of the narcotics that I had taken for so long due to chronic pain. He said that because I was already shutdown from this that HCG would make no difference and be a waste of money...? If that was true then wouldn't I have noticed my testicles shrinking before TRT? Not only does the shrinkage bother me, but I know that my wife wants to have another child within the next couple of years and I want to keep my natural TEST production flowing. Is this issue easily reversible with HCG?

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    That is a good question, my doctor has talked about HCG to help with fertility, but not as an ongoing thing because he says i would have to inject three times a week. And I would prefer to just do things right. I share your concern because I worry running too long without HCG will keep it from working later on down the road. Hopefully some people that have more knowledge can comment.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    This question has come up a few times, I read another member had conceived a child while on TRT, while others go off TRT and up the HCG to conceive.
    Just a thought with all the modern technology storing sperm could also be an option, while cost may be a factor as well.

IMHO, I think Doctors are quick to dismiss us when they don't have the knowledge we seek, why? because it's easier than doing the homework and many have preconceived notions about AAS in general.

I run HCG along with Test and AI, extremely happy with my results

Your Physician needs to understand the mechanisms of HPTA Shutdown. He's prescribed a drug - Testosterone - and it is causing a self induced organ shutdown; namely your Testicles.

Your Testicles will continue this course of atrophy until you add hCG to your protocol. hCG is an LH analog which essentially means it biologically the same as LH and your body will respond accordingly.

If you ever want to re-start or have kids in the future you MUST be on hCG...there is no debate on the subject.

There is much here on this subject also Google is your friend.

Thread Information