Thread: Anastrozole

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member

Anastrozole

Does anyone know is this medication liver toxic?? I was told it is very light on the body. Also, what about sides? I have a small skin rash between my legs that is about the size of a golf ball identical on both sides. I originnally thought it was from all the cardio I was doing, my legs maybe rubbing together but thats not it. Have had for quite some time, doesnt itch, wouldnt know it was there if I didnt see it.

Also, My protocol 200 T, .5 Anas,3X 500 HcG 2X per wk. My E2 was 47, I beleive 56 was top range, was suggested I lower T to 120 wk. I have lowered to 150 and increased anas to .5 4X per week in hopes of getting E2 down. I am noticing some ED issue's as well. Could this be from E2 being too low??? Was taking .5 5 times per wk, up until this week.

Thanks

Any drug taken orally can be toxic to the liver; it's just how toxic I guess that keeps it in a safe range. We use the drug off label here is very small doses. Women who have recovered from breast cancer take it much higher doses on a daily basis and it's efficacy is well documented.

And like any drug, each person is individual so one may see a side that another will never get.

Here's the general of thumb as it pertains to Testosterone and an AI; for each 100 mg of Testosterone take 1 mg of AI. In your case, 200 mg of Test and 1.5 of AI was not enough to retard aromatization thus your elevated levels.

Now your at 150mg of Testosterone and 2 mg of AI; unless blood work tells you otherwise, your taking too much of AI right now and you will go below the optimal levels. Your ED could very well be a sign of that.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    thanks GD, any thoughts on the rash? Too much T, too high E2?? or is this probably not related to my TRT proticol.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I get occassional Eczema on the hands & found it occurs a little more frequently since on TRT. Maybe it's the Anastrazole as you mentioned? Don't know for sure. I rub on a little Betamethasone cream & it goes away...

ecsaaron is offline Associate Member
    Got 2 red itchy spots on my chest since starting HRT years ago. Over the counter would only keep the itch at bay.I finaly went to a dermatoligist two weeks ago and the $ 240.00 a tube Naftin cream Isnt doing much better than the otc stuff. Never had it till I got on the test. I say its related

Thread Information