--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer

Got a question about potential free test numbers suggested by my doc

as yall know i switched to a new doc whos really up to date on trt.. he told me taking into account the references he uses for free test "normal" range from 7-30 that hed like to keep me at around 40... now while part of me thinks "great!" i wanted to chk with yall to see if being 10 points above highest "normal" was gonna be healthy for me in the long term?????

he also askd me to bring him dr crisler information that hed like to look it over.. hes always trying to improve...

thx

Vettester is offline Banned
    Is that based on pg/ml measurement? If so, it's a bit too high (IMO) for a continuous HRT regiment. Ideally, 2% to 3% of the Total Serum score would be a good place to be. So, let's say your serum score is 1,000 and you're coming in at 3.25%, that would still put you at 32.5 pg/ml on your free test. I just think you're going to be dealing with more sides and fighting other variables to keep your body BALANCED when pushing that much. Just my .02

I've always been above the reference range for Free T but my Bioavailable and Percent Free have always been ideal. I don't present any neg sides and feel great and all other panels are in check.

I guess if everything else is in sinc beinge over the reference range by "10 points" (don't know exactly what that means BTW) probably won't do any harm.

It appears you are in good care...good to question your Physician...but he probably knows what he's doing.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    yeh i shouldve taken more time to discuss it with him in better detail.. i suppose i can do that when we go over my first labs..im thinking(he was talkn kinda fast) that he was saying normal free test range on the scale used by the lab he primarily deals with is 7-30 now i dont know if thats nan/dl or pg/dl or what and he may have just been estimating.. the main part i caught was the "30" being the high end of "normal" and he said he wanted to keep me around 40...

i suppose we can revisit this when i get my labs done in 6 weeks.. which will actually be 9 weeks after starting trt.. does that seem a bit long to yall?? now keep in mind i did it for 3.5 weeks under a difft doc and my dose was 150mg/week.. with my new doc the dose is 200mg/week.. he wants labs in 6 weeks and i askd him if it was ok cuz id already been on almost a month prior to seeing him and he said it would be thatd give the 200mg dose time to really be in full effect.. i could call him at any time and tell him i want BW dun and hed order it.. what do yall think about that as well??

Thread Information