startingnew is offline New Member

New with dosing question

Hello to all.I've been reading here for a long time and learned a lot.Now have a question as to my test dosage.Finally found a Dr that will prescribe what I need.He is not concerned about my total test,just free.Regular physician started me with Foresta and really didn't work that well so he started me at 100mgs/week.Things picked up for awhile but then started downhill so figured it was estrogen.New Dr. has started me at 100mgs twice a week,1mg arimidex 3x week and 250iu's hcg 2x week.Does 200mgs/week sound like to much and does 3mg/week sound high?Going to have my blood tested tues (month early) to see where my estrogen is.With my regular Dr my estrogen did go from 33 to 87 but my total test was above 1500 and that was on 100mgs/week.After I get my blood done and find out where I'm at,I can experiment to find my "sweet spot".I'm thinking I don't need that much test.Insurance pays for enanthate but not cypionate so that's what I'm taking.Before starting,my total was 320 with fortesta but free was bottom.Also,For those two weeks of feeling good at taking 100mgs/wk I had morning wood but now at 200/wk my libido is not where it should be.I'm thinking my estrogen might be to low now with 3mg/wk since I've read here that 100mgs test should go with 1mg arimidex.What are your thoughts and thanks.I've learned enough here that I managed to find a good Dr.Hcg and test are injections.

No doubt you educated yourself here as many of your observations are correct.

To much AI with the amount of Testosterone .

To much Testosterone to start with.

You'd be better with 100 mg Test Cyp in divided doses of 50 mg twice a week and .50 mg of your AI 24 hours after each injection.

Stay on your hCG schedule.

More Docs not with it.

Glade to see you learned here and have the knowledge to manage your health.

Good for you bro and excellent first post!
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 01-21-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Yes, it sounds like you need to get labs done ASAP. If you're at 1500 on your total test at 100mg/wk, then surely you don't want to consider taking more.

This 1mg of Adex for every 100mg of test is getting out of hand. Everyone metabolizes differently. I'm currently taking .25mg x 2/wk of Adex, and my cyp dosage is 120mg/wk (60mgx2). I don't suggest anyone taking 3mg of Adex for a TRT protocol. IMO, if you're taking that much, then that probably means there's way too much testosterone in the system that is converting to E2. Keep in mind that you're are probably seeing a fair amount of endogenous production with the HCG .

So, yes it is quite possible that your E2 is in the tank with taking that much AI for any extended time. Another indicator is if your joints are sore, and/or hair gets dry, nails not healthy. Get your labs and let us know the results so that we don't do too much speculation. If your E2 is tanked, no worries, we can talk about the steps to get you back on track.

** Noticed GD posted right before me ... Good advise!

When my regular physician started me,I asked if he was going to monitor my estrogen and he said he would.When my total came back 1500+ he had a duck fit and reduced me to 50mgs/wk.Also would not prescribe me an AI and wanted me to see a Euro.I called and they give test shots once a month but nothing for estrogen.Called an Endo and same thing so found this Dr.He is 64yrs old and has been on TRT for 9yrs himself.I'm going to keep this protocol until my results come back.I was thinking of going back to 50mgs twice and week and 1/2mg of arimidex twice a week and go from there.I just thought 200mgs a week was alot and also the 3mg of arimidex was a little high.He wants my hormone levels to be that of a 25yr old (I'm 48).I know there's a spot in there somewhere because I've hit it once.I appreciate ya'lls advice and will keep posting.If not for this site,I'd be lost.I can't believe that these other Dr's would give someone test shots and not give anything for estrogen (regular physician,eurologist,endocrinologist).At least I've got enough test to experiment with.Having morning wood was almost new to me it's been so long.The other four or five Dr's I've seen all prescribed antidepressants off the bat.

Also,he showed me how to give myself shots (draw with 18gauge and inject with whatever I want,which I decided on a 1/2" 27 gauge in the quads).It's nice not to have to run to the Dr office for each shot.

jamotech is offline Member
    The above advice is as good as it gets, good luck!

jamotech is offline Member
    personally, im on 1.5 mg arimidex per 100-120 mg of test, I convert t to e more than most people, just me.
    Last edited by jamotech; 01-22-2012 at 10:17 AM.

I appreciate the advice from GD and vetteman and will use it.I know that the 1mgAI/100mgs test is just a rough figure and depends on the individual.The lab that did my blood work(not the one I requested) would only go to 1500 on my total test.My total test was over that so not sure how high mine actually was and kinda scared where it may be now since I've doubled that dosage.Acne is pretty bad and libido is half there.The blood test tues is basically useless as I'm not staying on 200mgs test a week and not waiting for the blood work to come back.I felt good at 100mgs/wk and that's where I'll start back at with 50mgs 2/wk test and .50 2/wk arimidex .This Dr states that most of his patients stay on 200mgs/wk but that's not for me.I've found that the saying "more is not always better" has a lot of truth,and this is one of those times.Thanks for everyones input.Edit-Thanks jamotech for your input.I may try 120mgs a week (60x2) later and experiment with the arimidex going by how I feel.Maybe give each dose 5-6 weeks before changing test dosage in small increments or unless I have signs of high/low estridiol for arimidex and have my blood checked every six weeks to start with.Also concerned about blood thickness but general practice Dr said he'd let some blood if need be so at least he's partially on board.
    Last edited by startingnew; 01-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Thread Information