>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member

Hypothyroid and HCG usage

Ok so I need some help from the real pros. The ones who know medical science and understand health on a professional level. I came across a warning and I am curious about it's validity and why it is even a warning. I'd rather not talk to my doctor about this unless necessary. This is the warning I read:

""What to discuss with your healthcare provider before using HCG ?

You should not use this medication if you have ever had an allergic reaction to HCG, or if you have:
    early puberty (also called precocious puberty); or
    a hormone-related cancer (such as prostate cancer).
    Before receiving HCG tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or if you have:
    a thyroid or adrenal gland disorder;
    an ovarian cyst;
    premature puberty;
    cancer or a tumor of the breast, ovary, uterus, prostate, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland;
    undiagnosed uterine bleeding;
    heart disease;
    kidney disease;
    epilepsy;
    migraines; or
    asthma.""

As you can see by the thread title, I'm curious how HCG will affect someone with thyroid disease like myself. I have hypothyroidism and take synthyroid to the tune of 0.05mcg daily of "levothyroxine" and also have been using steroids for personal development without the care of a doctor. I feel fine but want to be educated on the dangers and can't find anything on the net regarding this.

Thanks in advance

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I too have this and take armour thyroid and use HCG . Three years later everything test out fine and i feel good. That all I can give ya.

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld
    I too have this and take armour thyroid and use HCG. Three years later everything test out fine and i feel good. That all I can give ya.
    That's good news. I've had a bit of tingling in the hands but I assume that's more from the test and raised bp or Rbc. I don't think it makes a difference as long as I keep taking the thyroid

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i think hcg has a slight thyroid stimulating effect. but if you keep to the usual low dose, this effect should be rather minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude
    i think hcg has a slight thyroid stimulating effect. but if you keep to the usual low dose, this effect should be rather minimal.
    Thanks for the input. I suppose if that is the interaction I am not at risk because I simply do boy have a thyroid gland and therefore cannot stimulate the hormone. I believe I am on a total replacement of thyroid but this information is from my mother and my doctor has no knowledge of this... He only takes my bloodwork and ensures the levels are fine. They always are for 25 years. No changes.

Bump for a solid answer!

It should not pose any threat to you whatsoever if used in the physiological range...it's a very very safe peptide with a great record.

Normal and healthy LH production in men does not cause any medical issues and neither will HCG when used in the clinical range.

These warnings are Pharmacy Mfg. CYA's and written by medical lawyers.

There may be some concern in that HCG is an LH analog and it may be the thought process is that it could increase estrogen levels which in some cases fuel certain existing malignancies like Prostate cancer.

I wouldn't worry one bit about it...

Thread Information