Low Testosterone



Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,062

    UK blood test results

    I had my test, free test and oestradiol......plus for free a lipid profile. I had my test done by an online lab, they sent the needle, syringe etc to my door, I had my aunty (who is a nurse) take my blood, then I posted back to lab....got results a week later.

    here they are....any help understanding these will be greatly appreciated cheers.


    BIOCHEMISTRY

    TRIGLYCERIDES 1.2 mmol/L < 2.3
    CHOLESTEROL 4.2 mmol/L Optimum <5.0
    HDL CHOLESTEROL *1.6 mmol/L 0.9 - 1.5
    HDL % of total 38 % 20 and over
    LDL CHOLESTEROL 2.1 mmol/L Up to 3.0

    ENDOCRINOLOGY

    TESTOSTERONE 7.9 nmol/L 7.6 - 31.4
    Reference Ranges apply to adults

    SPECIAL PATHOLOGY

    Free Testosterone *7.59 pg/ml 8.8 - 27.0
    Test repeated

    ENDOCRINOLOGY

    17-Beta OESTRADIOL 59 pmol/L 44 - 156
    ,,

  2. #2
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ LowTestosterone.com ~ Monitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    29,568
    Yeah. That's low for a 31 year old. As mentioned in your other thread, more blood work is needed. I know you just pulled a thyroid panel so please update here when you have the results. Have you been cycling ? used hCG and performed PCT?
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  3. #3
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Yeah. That's low for a 31 year old. As mentioned in your other thread, more blood work is needed. I know you just pulled a thyroid panel so please update here when you have the results. Have you been cycling ? used hCG and performed PCT?
    cheers for that mate............

    haven't cycled since 2010/11 (test only cycle)......never used hcg for PCT, old school clomid and nolva for PCT.......

  4. #4
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ LowTestosterone.com ~ Monitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    29,568
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    cheers for that mate............

    haven't cycled since 2010/11 (test only cycle)......never used hcg for PCT, old school clomid and nolva for PCT.......
    No I meant hCG on cycle. Lets wait and see what the rest of the BW looks like. Please bump this thread when you have it.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  5. #5
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    No I meant hCG on cycle. Lets wait and see what the rest of the BW looks like. Please bump this thread when you have it.
    I certainly will mate, cheers for your help, I appreciate it!.........no I have never used HCG on cycle.

  6. #6
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,062

    Thyroid results

    The lab says these are in normal range.



    BIOCHEMISTRY


    FERRITIN 39 ug/L 30 - 400

    ENDOCRINOLOGY

    THYROID PROFILE 2

    TOTAL THYROXINE(T4) 66 nmol/L 59 - 154
    THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 3.10 mIU/L 0.27 - 4.2
    FREE THYROXINE 15.5 pmol/l 12.0 - 22.0
    FREE T3 5.3 pmol/L 3.1 - 6.8

    IMMUNOLOGY

    THYROID ANTIBODIES

    Thyroglobulin Antibody <10.0 IU/mL 0-115(Negative)
    Method used for Anti-Tg: Roche Modular

    Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies 7.6 IU/mL 0 - 34
    Method used for Anti-TPO: Roche Modular

  7. #7
    tigerspawn's Avatar
    tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,974
    Bump

  8. #8
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    Bump
    cheers for that mate!

  9. #9
    thisAngelBites's Avatar
    thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    somewhere near London
    Posts
    632
    TSH is slightly elevated (even tho in normal range) meaning your pituitary is pushing your thyroid to make more hormone, probably because it is struggling a bit and not easily making as much as you need. Your T4 levels are at the bottom of the range. But as you are the energizer bunny maybe you are feeling fine? I'd feel like death warmed over with those numbers, but I am continually surprised that some people with numbers like this feel well.

    I see that austinite agreed your T was low (sorry, I am not an expert on males hormones) and low T and thyroid have some symptoms in common. But if you are frankly low in T, and questionable on thyroid, perhaps the thing to consider is to get your T to a good place, and if you are still not feeling good, consider adding some thyroid meds to see if you can improve.

    Also, that ferritin looks very low to me. But maybe someone will confirm a level like that is not desirable in men (it would certainly be very sub-optimal in a woman). Sorry to not be able to offer more help.

  10. #10
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    TSH is slightly elevated (even tho in normal range) meaning your pituitary is pushing your thyroid to make more hormone, probably because it is struggling a bit and not easily making as much as you need. Your T4 levels are at the bottom of the range. But as you are the energizer bunny maybe you are feeling fine? I'd feel like death warmed over with those numbers, but I am continually surprised that some people with numbers like this feel well.

    I see that austinite agreed your T was low (sorry, I am not an expert on males hormones) and low T and thyroid have some symptoms in common. But if you are frankly low in T, and questionable on thyroid, perhaps the thing to consider is to get your T to a good place, and if you are still not feeling good, consider adding some thyroid meds to see if you can improve.

    Also, that ferritin looks very low to me. But maybe someone will confirm a level like that is not desirable in men (it would certainly be very sub-optimal in a woman). Sorry to not be able to offer more help.
    hey Angelbites, cheers for the reply.

    I don't know much about hormones etc but looking at my results (even though in the "ok" range) they are on the low side. I've just registered at my new Doctors and will get an appointment ASAP though im not holding my breath on getting much help, in England Doctors don't seem to want to help (well the ones I have had dealings with).

  11. #11
    thisAngelBites's Avatar
    thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    somewhere near London
    Posts
    632
    Are you just asking at your GP? I'm surprised they did all those tests for you at the GP (often hard to talk them into the freeT4 and T3 and antibodies, unless you had tested with a high TSH previously), so I kind of thought you were going private. (oh, I just read you did the tests privately online)

    I'd be surprised if anyone at the NHS would do anything about your thyroid at this point. Perhaps you would have luck with T?

    I have no idea what they do for low T on the NHS, but there are a number of UK guys here who might give advice on what the NHS is willing to do, what to say perhaps, to get the GP on board etc. I wish I could help more, I just wanted to see if I could tell you anything since you didn't get a lot of feedback. I would definitely try to search the board for NHS and if you can't find something useful, maybe you could get the attention of the UK guys with a new post with a title like "testosterone on the NHS" or something along those lines.

    Sorry, I wish I could help more myself and I wish you all the best.

  12. #12
    energizer bunny's Avatar
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Are you just asking at your GP? I'm surprised they did all those tests for you at the GP (often hard to talk them into the freeT4 and T3 and antibodies, unless you had tested with a high TSH previously), so I kind of thought you were going private. (oh, I just read you did the tests privately online)

    I'd be surprised if anyone at the NHS would do anything about your thyroid at this point. Perhaps you would have luck with T?

    I have no idea what they do for low T on the NHS, but there are a number of UK guys here who might give advice on what the NHS is willing to do, what to say perhaps, to get the GP on board etc. I wish I could help more, I just wanted to see if I could tell you anything since you didn't get a lot of feedback. I would definitely try to search the board for NHS and if you can't find something useful, maybe you could get the attention of the UK guys with a new post with a title like "testosterone on the NHS" or something along those lines.

    Sorry, I wish I could help more myself and I wish you all the best.
    cheers for your advice!.........much appreciated.

    I have been doing a bit a research and it seems you can get TRT on the NHS, though I may be to young, depending on what my doc has to say I may look into self medicating(though this is a last resort) to be fair I would rather not be on TRT at all, not yet anyway.

    I agree there is no way the doc will even entertain my thyroid since it fits into normal range.

    I am in contact with a couple of staff through PMs and they are giving me good advice so hopefully I can get something sorted.

    thanks again!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •