Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Dosing options for Aromasin/Exemetane for TRT Protocol?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member

Dosing options for Aromasin/Exemetane for TRT Protocol?

In considering different methods to control my estradiol, I'm doing some preliminary research on this medication and have not been able to find anywhere the answer to my question above. There has been much posted on forums concerning doses for cycles and PCT - like Jimmy's post here:

Exemestane-The Underdosed AI

But there has been nothing about TRT dosing specifically. So I'd like to pose this question to the members of the forum so we can all benefit.
    InternalFire likes this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    In considering different methods to control my estradiol, I'm doing some preliminary research on this medication and have not been able to find anywhere the answer to my question above. There has been much posted on forums concerning doses for cycles and PCT - like Jimmy's post here:

Exemestane-The Underdosed AI

But there has been nothing about TRT dosing specifically. So I'd like to pose this question to the members of the forum so we can all benefit.
    That's a good thread, I'm still trying to get my dose of Anastrozole on. I've managed to control my E better by more frequent dose, as I've also been dropping weight which has helped.

BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member
    I am interested as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    That's a good thread, I'm still trying to get my dose of Anastrozole on. I've managed to control my E better by more frequent dose, as I've also been dropping weight which has helped.
    Yes, it's an excellent thread.

From where I sit, and in regards to TRT, there has been an abundance of information given on this forum about mainly one AI: Anastrozole/Adex. And it has been very valuable information! But I think that there is such a wealth of information and experience that the members of this forum have about Aromasin that we should give them the opportunity to contribute it here, along with their experiences and their recommendations for dosing. I hope this opportunity will be taken.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 03-26-2014 at 02:22 PM.

F.Y.I.
    Just found this very informative page. I look forward to the input of others regarding my original question.

[Link deleted. See post #13]
    Last edited by 2Sox; 03-31-2014 at 09:58 AM.

F.Y.I.
    Just found this very informative page. I look forward to the input of others regarding my original question.

Exemestane In Men
    A very interesting read. I've only used Anastrozole thus far and is very hard getting the right dosing. Exemestane seems to work the opposite way with a shorter half life. So either dose more frequently or less. I would also like to hear from someone who has done both.

booku is offline Associate Member
    my estradiol was at 41.1 so i have been running 6.25 mg aromasin every day. Getting blood work friday, will post results so stay tuned...

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    ^ Awesome can't wait to see the results

Quote Originally Posted by booku View Post
    my estradiol was at 41.1 so i have been running 6.25 mg aromasin every day. Getting blood work friday, will post results so stay tuned...
    Awaiting......

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ive used liquidstane/exemestane while on trt and my E2 was still high. I switched to Adex and it seems to control it better. I'm sure it would be even better if I would use it regularly, I'm TRYING to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by booku View Post
    Hoping the best for you. Curious. Your E2 is not that high - comparatively speaking (if it's Quest's range <OR=29) so I'm curious why you decided to start with 6.25mg ED instead of less frequently.

Hoping the best for you. Curious. Your E2 is not that high - comparatively speaking (if it's Quest's range <OR=29) so I'm curious why you decided to start with 6.25mg ED instead of less frequently.
    And Labcorps is <39.

By the way, this is a clearer and better written paper on Aromasin /Exemestane than the original I posted:

Ahhhhh-romasin®! The king of anti-estrogens.

This post is kind of long, but take the time to read it, it's probably the most important thing you'll ever read if you're a BB'er (haha well maybe not, but there's some gold in here)

Exemestane, sold under the name Aromasin® by Pfizer, is an orally available suicidal aromatase inhibitor. <This sentence describes exactly why exemestane is the king of anti-e's for bodybuilding purposes.

Because exemestane is steroidal this gives it a favorable estrogen suppression profile and confers a few really awesome benefits over other anti-estrogens both on paper and in real experience. Steroidal anti-estrogens have the benefit of being lipid-friendly and they all lower SHBG which increases the ratio of free to bound testosterone , which as many experienced BB'ers know can have a relatively profound positive impact on gains.

I think it is important to understand how drugs work in order to properly dose them, exemestane is a suicidal aromatase inhibitor, this means that it binds with aromatase enzymes and as it does so permanently disables the enzyme and destroys it. Hence the "suicidal" this chemical is like a kamikaze pilot out to destroy your aromatase enzymes which is what makes it so special.

Exemestane's half life in the male body is actually very short (~9 hours) and it is quickly eliminated, however, since as soon as it enters your bloodstream it quickly destroys 80-90% of the aromatase enzymes present in your body, it is effective in maintaining significant reductions in estrogen for up to 72 hours after a single 25mg dose. Estrogen levels only begin to rise again after your body has begun to make new aromatase enzymes to replace the ones destro by exemestane.

There is a great study on the pharmacokinetics of exemestane in men which found the following:
    -24 hours after one 25mg dose estrogen levels are reduced by 70-80%
    -72 hours later estrogen levels are still 40% below baseline even though the drug itself is almost completely eliminated
    -120 hours after initial dose estrogen levels return to baseline (without rebounding)

this means that you can find the timing and dosage that works for you, i've seen some guys recommend between 25mg ED and 12.5mg e4d, and you can see why both are effective while providing different levels of estrogen suppression, and it is this flexibility that makes exemestane such a versatile anti-e.

BUT WAIT, there's more. Aromasin is also a badass PCT drug! In males exemestane was found to increase total testosterone by ~60% after 10 days @ 25mg/day, however the same study found that while it increased total testosterone by 60% free testosterone was increased by over 100 percent! that's right, it DOUBLES bio-available testosterone (natty of course).

I can tell you this much, when I take aromasin for PCT the results are dramatic, honestly my libido is never absent at any point during PCT and I absolutely feel great within a matter of days, and this is taking 12.5mg ED, the only side effect i notice is stiff joints and other stiff areas

the good:
    -powerful aromatase inhibitor capable of stopping gynecomastia completely on its own (for aromatizing compounds)
    -has powerful bloat-reduction effects
    -lowers SHBG, increasing free test & makes all other anabolic steroids more bio-available (read: more gains)
    -can actually boost libido on and off cycle
    -increases IGF-1
    -NO adverse changes in lipid profiles for men (granted if you are using it on cycle this may be different)
    -is NOT liver toxic
    -no estrogen rebound

the bad:
    -typical aromatase inhibitor issues here include stiff joints and possibly lethargy
    -more difficult to come by than a-dex or letro

Appropriate uses for Exemestane:

#1) on cycle estrogen control - that's right, any and all estrogen related problems can and should be corrected with this compound, from gynecomastia to acne to bloat exemestane is a panacea, run it at 12.5mg e4d for gynecomastia protection and bloat control, or run it at 25mg ED for pre-contest or for gynecomastia sensitive individuals or moon face. the beauty of aromasin is it's okay to use preventatively and not just as spot treatment for gynecomastia as it doesn't hurt gains nearly to the degree that other anti-e's do, i'd still recommend using anti-e's only if you need them, but if you must use one throughout your cycle, you couldn't pick a better compound to use.

#2) PCT. Aromasin is the premier PCT drug in my experience... honestly PCT is kind of fun with aromasin (maybe that's a stretch) but it's a breeze compared to clomid/nolva and significantly better than a-dex (more powerful and fewer sides) it works excellently with HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - and keeps the extra aromatization from the HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - injects at bay (you can even run higher dosages of HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - above 500iu/inject) and another bonus is since it's safe and comfortable to run for longer periods of time, you can stretch your PCT out to 6 or 8 weeks for suppressive cycles to make sure you get everything back in full working order

#3) gynecomastia reversal - in conjunction with a selective estrogen receptor modulator (raloxifene or tamoxifen ) and/or a dihydrotestosterone derived compound aromasin can be effective in reversing/reducing existing gynecomastia

#4) off cycle testosterone boost - sometimes if i dont feel like running a cycle but still want a little extra kick i'll take 25mg EOD for 4-6 weeks, gains aren't improved all that greatly but significantly, but i do it more for the libido/mental effects anyways.

#5) hypogonadism - so you're getting older, you've been cycling since you were 21 and your natty test levels just never get back in the good range, but you don't wanna go HRT??? aromasin will get you back in the game without having to take the plunge for HRT.

inappropriate uses for exemestane:

#1) giving your gf hot flashes

well that's my write up for the best anti-e out there, i'm sure i left some stuff out, if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or ask on this thread

reference:
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...urcetype=HWCIT
    Last edited by 2Sox; 03-31-2014 at 09:53 AM.
    InternalFire likes this.

Good write-up. LoL at #1 at the bottom

If this one is as good as it reads, why is Adex more popular? Or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    If this one is as good as it reads, why is Adex more popular? Or is it?
    Price. Liquid Stane is almost 2x the price of Adex. I think Adex works fairly well for most people but maybe it's because liquid stand is not used like it should be. I think most people use it eod and not 2x per day. It will take a while of people trying this to see how it works for lab rats.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Price. Liquid Stane is almost 2x the price of Adex. I think Adex works fairly well for most people but maybe it's because liquid stand is not used like it should be. I think most people use it eod and not 2x per day. It will take a while of people trying this to see how it works for lab rats.
    Actually, I just ordered 30mL of 25mg/mL Exemestane for $29 from a source that I researched as very dependable. PM me if interested.

Actually, I just ordered 30mL of 25mg/mL Exemestane for $29 from a source that I researched as very dependable. PM me if interested.
    Let us know how it goes. I'm almost dialed in with Adex. My only problem with Adex has been either feast or famine. Might have been easier with stane. Funny though the only drug thus far my insurance has covered in Adex.

Hey man.. Interesting read!
    Aromasin seems very even more promising than Arimidex .
    I am going to give it a Go!

Sent from my iPad using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by booku
    So how was your Blood work with Aromasin ? Did it help?

Sent from my iPad using Forum

So can Aromasin be used instead A-dex?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76 View Post
    So can Aromasin be used instead A-dex?

Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox
    Absolutely.
    I found Aromasin here in Guatemala City by Pfizer and its mad expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    In your experience, what doses are commonly used?

zerodarkthirty is offline Associate Member
    Hey 2Sox,

I just saw your thread today. I started off with Arimidex for nearly a year and had very bad side effects. By side effects, I'm referring to those generally associated with crashed E2 (extreme fatigue, lethargy, lack of ability to concentrate, etc). I could never get the dosing right or strike a balance with my test cyp and HCG protocol.

I made the move to Exemestane and immediately felt like I was far less likely to crash my E2 AND the impact of the drug was far more immediate and similarly, the half-life was much shorter (which is a good thing to me).

I'm currently doing 100 mg test cyp every 5 days with 25 mg Exemestane every 3-5 days. I initially tried splitting the AI dose in half, but found that this was not sufficient to knock down my E2 levels (again, subjective only). I have found that lowering my HCG to 100 IU every 2-3 days from my initial dosage of 300 IU every 3 days has helped more than anything. For me, HCG REALLY impacts my E2 levels, and very quickly. I'll start to feel puffy around my eyes, then wildly hungry and subsequently very sleepy as the E2 rises.

I'm not 100% dialed in yet with this, but a couple of months ago, I was ready to give up TRT completely. The negatives far outweighed any positive impact, but the last month has given me hope. Certainly the change to Exemestane has been a big part, but again, the biggest factor for me was to cut down on the HCG.

I have pretty lousy insurance (BlueCross/Shield), but oddly enough the Exemestane is always free at any pharmacy. Of course, nothing else in my protocol is free!

^ I have pretty good insurance(Cigna open access plus) and pay 15$ For 30 exemestane pills and 15$ for a 10ml/200mg test cyp. Exemestane is really tough to get into 1/4s because of how small they are, so I'm messing around with 1/2 a pill 3-4x a week. When I had liquid exemestane I did 6.25 Ed and it was a good dose , I eventually ended up on 12.5mg on injection day (2x a week) and 6.25 on otner days. 12.5 ED was to much and 6.25 was just a tad to low. Cutting pills and worrying about them breaking, crumbling etc is a pain. Just started the pills, hopefully they are a tad stronger then my liquid UGL and 1:4 will suffice

I was on 120mg a week, E2 was 51(42 was top of range) and total test was 683 . Since I've upped my test to 140mg a week
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 04-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Most research sites have adex and Stane the same price. Board sponsor it's double , but also prob the most trusted of them all. Makes you wonder . I used a cheaper site for Stane and it worked fine so who knows

Zero, Mach,
    Thank you. Your replies are exactly what I was hoping for when I began this thread. User experiences add to the knowledge of those of us who need to determine what's best for us - and also add to the knowledge of others who may be considering Exemestane.
    zerodarkthirty likes this.

Zero, Mach,
    Thank you. Your replies are exactly what I was hoping for when I began this thread. User experiences add to the knowledge of those of us who need to determine what's best for us - and also add to the knowledge of others who may be considering Exemestane.
    Likewise. I am almost dialed in with Anastrozole but I wish this thread would have been written a few months ago.
    zerodarkthirty likes this.

EverettCD is offline Member
    Good info here so far. I'm going to try a low daily dose of Aromasin soon & see how well it works for me in place of Arimidex . Sent from my iPhone that was manufactured in a sweat shop in China®

I've been on DIM for almost 2 months and I'm extremely disappointed with it in regards to E2 control. Last blood work showed 39 at a range of <OR=29. Libido has been weak and so are night and morning erections. Energy is unsatisfactory. After careful consideration, I decided to switch to Exemestane and took my my second dose of 6.25mg about half an hour ago. Feeling a boost in energy already... and I might mention that I spoke to my wife about a rendezvous later this evening. Looking forward to it.

Thinking of a protocol of 6.25mg EOD for now.

I must mention that the previous advice given to me by Kel and others has been very useful and I'm very grateful for it. But I decided that rather than lowering my T dose any further (and because I feel I do better in the higher free T ranges) I'm changing to this AI. Shooting for the stars, I guess. I am keeping an open mind and will adjust things if my blood works indicates that a change is necessary. I will keep you all updated and will gratefully accept any suggestions.

I've been on DIM for almost 2 months and I'm extremely disappointed with it in regards to E2 control. Last blood work showed 39 at a range of <OR=29. Libido has been weak and so are night and morning erections. Energy is unsatisfactory. After careful consideration, I decided to switch to Exemestane and took my my second dose of 6.25mg about half an hour ago. Feeling a boost in energy already... and I might mention that I spoke to my wife about a rendezvous later this evening. Looking forward to it.

Thinking of a protocol of 6.25mg EOD for now.

I must mention that the previous advice given to me by Kel and others has been very useful and I'm very grateful for it. But I decided that rather than lowering my T dose any further (and because I feel I do better in the higher free T ranges) I'm changing to this AI. Shooting for the stars, I guess. I am keeping an open mind and will adjust things if my blood works indicates that a change is necessary. I will keep you all updated and will gratefully accept any suggestions.
    Good luck 2Sox, keep us posted. Trt is not a one size fits all, but, it's good to have this info out there. Some people just do better with Exemestane. I feel like I'm right on the cusp with my Anastrozole or I would probably follow suit.

EverettCD is offline Member
    Hopefully it works well for you 2sox. I have wanted to try Aromasin for a while now but there's limited info regarding dosing while on TRT.

Sent from my iPhone that was manufactured in a sweat shop in China®

Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD View Post
    Hopefully it works well for you 2sox. I have wanted to try Aromasin for a while now but there's limited info regarding dosing while on TRT.

Sent from my iPhone that was manufactured in a sweat shop in China®
    Thanks, Everett. I'm very optimistic. So far I feel very good. Very clear headed, alert, and energetic, and my body seems to be responding more like it was meant to respond. Hoping my dosing protocol works out.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    and I might mention that I spoke to my wife about a rendezvous later this evening. Looking forward to it. I will keep you all updated and will gratefully accept any suggestions.
    I'm at a loss for words.....
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

probuild42 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    That what I was thinking when I say your new avi! Is that a side of beef or your leg! Nice work big man!

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    HA! LOL! One sentence, incorrectly placed can completely change the context of a statement! You sly devil, you!

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    HA! LOL! One sentence, incorrectly placed can completely change the context of a statement! You sly devil, you!

Those of us without lives are on the edge of our seats waiting to be filled in.....
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

I started a new thread on this but I thought it would be a good idea to post it here too:

For those interested, there is a link to a discount card for Aromasin that you can present to your pharmacist with a script. Just search Aromasin Savings Card Pfizer. Should come up. If you have difficulty, PM me.

johnk271 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox
    I started a new thread on this but I thought it would be a good idea to post it here too: For those interested, there is a link to a discount card for Aromasin that you can present to your pharmacist with a script. Just search Aromasin Savings Card Pfizer. Should come up. If you have difficulty, PM me.
    I looked it up, do you have to be a licensed health practitioner to sign up or did i do it wrong?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information