Soybean70 is offline New Member

Double Red Cell Donation

Anyone do the double red blood cell donation to lower their RBC? I get dizzy and nearly pass out on a regular donation.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soybean70 View Post
    Anyone do the double red blood cell donation to lower their RBC? I get dizzy and nearly pass out on a regular donation.
    maybe you should stick to the standard donation?

Delta Blood does not currently do the double RBC in my home town. it takes about two hours with the needle in, and I hear is fairly uncomfortable. But I'd do it in a heart beat if/when it becomes available here locally.

Widedomain is offline New Member
    I've donated "double rbc" several times. Needle is a little smaller than the regular draw. I have not experienced any discomfort or other issues. Procedure does take about 30 mins longer than regular draw so I make sure my smartphone battery is well charged so I can surf!

One downside, if any, is that you can only donate every 16 weeks.

Soybean70 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Widedomain View Post
    I've donated "double rbc" several times. Needle is a little smaller than the regular draw. I have not experienced any discomfort or other issues. Procedure does take about 30 mins longer than regular draw so I make sure my smartphone battery is well charged so I can surf!

It's my only option. The full donation makes me pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by Widedomain View Post

someone was telling me it took two hours. First they have to draw the blood, then centrifuge it somehow, then put back everything except the RBC. 30 minutes, huh?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If a regular donation makes you pass out, how do you expect to do a double RBC donation?
    They remove the same overall blood volume, except that it is entirely comprised of RBCs.

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    I do Double RBC, just did one yesterday actually.. As the blood is being drawn its centrifuged, RBC and Platelets. Platelets get pushed back in twice, walk in the door and out took me 75 minutes and I did not hang around after..

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    someone was telling me it took two hours. First they have to draw the blood, then centrifuge it somehow, then put back everything except the RBC. 30 minutes, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 38onTRT View Post
    I do Double RBC, just did one yesterday actually.. As the blood is being drawn its centrifuged, RBC and Platelets. Platelets get pushed back in twice, walk in the door and out took me 75 minutes and I did not hang around after..
    that's more in line with what I was thinking..............

noon is offline Senior Member
    If i am trying to lower my RBC and I do a regular donation how much will it lower my RBC and for how long
    And same thing for the double red donation how much will it lower RBC and for how long.

Thread Information