Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brett N

Thread: Blast and Cruise

musldman is offline New Member

Blast and Cruise

Some background to provide the foundation for my question.

I have been on TRT for quite a while now. I am taking cypionate . My prescribed dosage is 200mg every two weeks. I split that up into 4 injections. Prior to my last bloodwork (2/06/14) I was doing a little upping of my dosage and was taking 140mg per week as opposed to the prescribed 100mg. Two weeks prior to my blood work I went back to my prescribed dosage. My results were a bit elevated but the doc felt that it was as a result of having given myself an injection the day before the labs were drawn and so he decided not to change anything at this time (fortunate for me). Here are my results as of 2/06/14:

Total Test 1286 (they work on a baseline scale of 250-1100)
    Free Test 339.5 (base 35-155)
    Estradiol 35 (I was a bit high the labs before (51) so I am now on Anastrozole. I take .25mg 24 hours after each injection and this protocol seems to be working nicely for me so far)

After I received this lab work I did not go back on the prescribed dosage but did not go as high as before either. I am currently using 120mg per week as opposed to the 140mg before. I have been doing this since mid-February.

I have decided I want to blast and cruise on a regular basis. My thoughts on this are:

- I want to get as much results as I can from as little as possible so that I have somewhere to go as my blasts progress. Since I've done fairly well on less than 150mg per week, my thought is to go to 400mg per week for 4 weeks and then come back to the prescribed cruise (100mg per week) for a determined amount of time (not sure how long that should be) before I blast again. I've been told this is a good way to do it. How does this sound?

- Do I maintain my current Anastrozole regimen or does that need to change with the upping of the dose? I am not sure what to look for to determine whether to up this dosage.

- Also, I feel like I need to be on my cruise dosing for at least a month before my bloodwork so that I am in range. I don't want to take the chance of having the doc pull the scrip. Thoughts on this?

- Lastly, I am 5'8" and currently weigh around 207. My BF% is more than it should be but not terrible (not sure what it is).

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musldman View Post
    Some background to provide the foundation for my question.

I have been on TRT for quite a while now. I am taking cypionate . My prescribed dosage is 200mg every two weeks. I split that up into 4 injections. Prior to my last bloodwork (2/06/14) I was doing a little upping of my dosage and was taking 140mg per week as opposed to the prescribed 100mg. Two weeks prior to my blood work I went back to my prescribed dosage. My results were a bit elevated but the doc felt that it was as a result of having given myself an injection the day before the labs were drawn and so he decided not to change anything at this time (fortunate for me). Here are my results as of 2/06/14:

Total Test 1286 (they work on a baseline scale of 250-1100)
    Free Test 339.5 (base 35-155)
    Estradiol 35 (I was a bit high the labs before (51) so I am now on Anastrozole. I take .25mg 24 hours after each injection and this protocol seems to be working nicely for me so far)

After I received this lab work I did not go back on the prescribed dosage but did not go as high as before either. I am currently using 120mg per week as opposed to the 140mg before. I have been doing this since mid-February.

I have decided I want to blast and cruise on a regular basis. My thoughts on this are:

- I want to get as much results as I can from as little as possible so that I have somewhere to go as my blasts progress. Since I've done fairly well on less than 150mg per week, my thought is to go to 400mg per week for 4 weeks and then come back to the prescribed cruise (100mg per week) for a determined amount of time (not sure how long that should be) before I blast again. I've been told this is a good way to do it. How does this sound?

- Do I maintain my current Anastrozole regimen or does that need to change with the upping of the dose? I am not sure what to look for to determine whether to up this dosage.

- Also, I feel like I need to be on my cruise dosing for at least a month before my bloodwork so that I am in range. I don't want to take the chance of having the doc pull the scrip. Thoughts on this?

- Lastly, I am 5'8" and currently weigh around 207. My BF% is more than it should be but not terrible (not sure what it is).

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I would wait and get my nutrition and workout dialed in first. You will make progress with what you are already doing, ride it out for a few months first. If you want to blast later, you should probably do it for more than four weeks. You have to adjust your AI as you up your dose.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Your test is pretty high. You are messing with your prescribed dose which is never a good thing because you never really give your body a chance to be dialed in. When you say you have been on TRT a while, how long is a while?

I would recommend going on a strict prescribed TRT for a minimum of 6 months (a year would be much better) and see the gains you can make with solid nutrition and a workout routine. I think you will be shocked. Quit messing with your TRT dose, a cruise is supposed to be what the doctor prescribes and a blast is a cycle in between the cruise which should last 8-12 weeks otherwise you are just wasting time.

First and foremost is your TRT, get dialed in and give it a chnace to start working. If you really needed the TRT, it is foolish to take it for granted and take a chance in messing up the relationship between your doctor and you. I promise at 5'8 and 207 your bodyfat is much higher than what is recommended to do a cycle. I would guess mid 20s. Unless you are built like a tank.

Don't be fooled though, a blast is no different than a cycle except on TRT you don't do the PCT. AI does change and you need to get bloodwork done mid blast to make sure you aren't all messed up. I also see no mention of HCG on your TRT, do you take it?
    Beethoven likes this.

BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with what the Bros recommend!!
    I would get your diet in check as well as getting dialed in your TRT.
    Learn how your body works. Everyone is diffrent!!
    Try to lower your bf as much as possible to keep estrogen related sides at a minimum!
    TRT for me has been a rollercoaster at first, but as I mentioned before, once you know your body you learn the best Maschine God has created

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

fastman9 is offline Junior Member
    How old are you? Are you working out for gains or just maintenance? If you are having regular blood work? And the doc is checking this? He may dial you back or worse pull your script like you said if you jack with it to much.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Blasting (cycling) with a high body fat can bring on a world of health issues. Don't rely on the blasts to make gains. Gains are made in the kitchen.

strive2thriveWBAM is offline New Member
    I have a question that might be appropriate for this thread... When on TRT, say 150mg a week. Would blasting and cruising decrease androgen receptor sensitivity? For that matter, is TRT on its own going to decrease androgen sensitivity?

strive2thriveWBAM is offline New Member
    Kelkel, or Austinite.... I look forward to your responses..

Thread Information