jambone is offline New Member

Quickie Lab Check - AI?

I am on TRT 100mg Test Cyp per week, no AI.
    43 years old male
    This is not a full workup, I originally went in to get estradiol only checked, but doctor ordered a few other things as well. Here are those results with lab ranges in parentheses:

Estradiol "ultrasensitive", 19 pg/mL (< or = 29)
    DHEA, 441 ng/dL (61-1636)
    Testosterone Total, 965 ng/dL (250-1100)
    Testosterone Free, 151 pg/mL (46-224)
    Testosterone Bioavailable, 271.2 ng/dL (110-575)
    SHBG 35 nmol/L (10-50)
    Serum Albumin 3.9 g/dL (3.6-5.1)

Should I take an AI? Would like to increase free and bioavailable T.

I did have a minor bout of gyno (diagnosed) when I started lifting weights in my early 30's - this was over 10 years ago and there was no HRT or anabolic steroids involved. A few otc supplements I can't remember. I don't remember the blood results back then but I was not treated and the gyno (sore nipple) went away after a couple of months. I do have some fatty deposits under the nipples I believe are leftover from that though.

I have semi-recent other lab work available, let me know if there's anything else you want to know. May have an older result somewhere.

Edit: full disclosure, when the above blood tests were done, I was taking an OTC ai called A-HD. Was simply trying to avoid the sore nipple thing. Had very minor sore nipples 1 or 2 days per week when I first started the 100mg test program. So I took the A-HD.
    Last edited by jambone; 05-09-2014 at 11:40 AM.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You know the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Your E2 is well within range so from where I sit, you're a lucky man. LOTS of men on TRT would love to live without an AI and you seem to be doing just that. My advice; I'll state the obvious: Don't take an AI if nothing is bothering you and if you feel healthy.

I never heard of it but I'd be curious to know what's in this A-HD your taking.

jambone is offline New Member
    The ingredients are a bunch of gobbledy gook It's by bpisports if you would like to look it up. Don't know if it does anything or not but did seem to get rid of the slight nipple soreness I was noticing when the test peaked each week.

Thread Information