Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By bullshark99
  • 1 Post By maddad

Thread: thinking about cruising

maddad is offline Junior Member

thinking about cruising

What were you guys natural testosterone levels when you decided to cruise?

I've been working out hardcore for the last seven years, bf 12% and my natural total test level is only 480ng/dl. While this is in an acceptable medical range I understand that as the level for a 60 year old man. My friends at my age group and some older are all in the high 600s. My doctor won't write for anything over 350. What pisses me off is if i was a fat ass who never trained i know my level would be under 350 and he would have prescribed.

I have some stubborn belly fat. I don't have any sexual dysfunction other than no libido. I am more active and have a greater sense of motivation and well being on cycle.

So i am thinking about cruising. I just finished a test only cycle. Having already low test levels I'm kind of assuming that my natty test doesn't start back up anyway after a couple cycles. i can see my self not waiting much longer than the ten weeks i was on to start back up regardless of the blood work. is this me just trying to rationalize jumping the gun?

Any honest insight would be appreciated. Don't hold back.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    If I had a natural 480 I wouldn't even contemplate TRT. The fact that you have this problem and continue to shut yourself down by cycling is really puzzling to me. There are so many of us who would love to be off this stuff and every time I see a young guy wanting to get on it has me shaking my head. Now everyone is different so don't compare your friends level with yours as you metabolism may be different. You need to find a better Dr and find the root problem and work on that but if you keep cycling you keep shutting yourself down. Keep it up and you'll probably achieve that lower level needed to get on trt. I get that you don't feel right but at your age I would look elsewhere. Good luck bro.

I appreciate your thoughtful response. I will seriously take your comments into consideration. I am however 45 so not sure if that still qualifies as young. I have only done one cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    I appreciate your thoughtful response. I will seriously take your comments into consideration. I am however 45 so not sure if that still qualifies as young. I have only done one cycle.
    Sorry for that assumption. You should post your BW with ranges. IMO your total test is not that bad, maybe there's something else going on. I know you and I are probably different but I wasn't that bad at 350, 480 I probably would be good.

Lifted1 is offline Member
    You need to know your Free Testosterone level, LH and Fsh to get the full picture. You can't compare anyone to yourself as everyone's body is different. Also, everyone reacts differently to Testosterone injections so it's not a one size fits all...you have guys on 80mg per week all the way up to 200mg/wk and they can be in the same range number wise.

Fwiw I was at 555 total, but my free was below the lowest range when I started trt.

Edit
    Cruising is linking cycles together with a trt type dose in between. Trt is replacement therapy for those who don't produce sufficient levels of hormone. They are two different ball games.
    Last edited by Lifted1; 10-25-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Your natty levels are twice that of when I started TRT.

Why fvck with a good thing?

if you feel the need, there are other things you can consider. Peptide releasing hormones for one.

and to be honest, you did mention 60 in your opening piece. I came to the same conclusion Beethoven did about your age.

regarding your libido, there are things for that too.

TRT is something to try and avoid if possible mate. Your levels are adequate.
    Beethoven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Your natty levels are twice that of when I started TRT.

Why fvck with a good thing?

if you feel the need, there are other things you can consider. Peptide releasing hormones for one.

and to be honest, you did mention 60 in your opening piece. I came to the same conclusion Beethoven did about your age.

regarding your libido, there are things for that too.

TRT is something to try and avoid if possible mate. Your levels are adequate.
    It may be your SHBG or maybe even you're estradiol, but 480 looks like a good starting total test number. I wish I had that number, wouldn't be on TRT.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I was 42 when I started with a TT @ 410, if I was aware of this site and knew how things really worked I would of never started TRT. I was sold a "bill of goods" from a clinic that insisted that if I come off my levels will just magically go right back to where they were 410.
    Been on 4yrs this coming jan, I tried a re-start a couple years back and needless to say after about 3 months I turned into a big bag of svit and went back on.
    I would think long and hard about your choices because they come with repurcusions. Not only the expense, but managing your sides with constant BW, sometimes its not as sexy as it appears.
    Beethoven likes this.

kewe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    I was 42 when I started with a TT @ 410, if I was aware of this site and knew how things really worked I would of never started TRT. I was sold a "bill of goods" from a clinic that insisted that if I come off my levels will just magically go right back to where they were 410.
    Been on 4yrs this coming jan, I tried a re-start a couple years back and needless to say after about 3 months I turned into a big bag of svit and went back on.
    I would think long and hard about your choices because they come with repurcusions. Not only the expense, but managing your sides with constant BW, sometimes its not as sexy as it appears.
    so what would you do different now?

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Kewe as u no I responded directly to u via pm. For the sake of this thread, my point is I jumped into something blindly very gullible. I choose to believe what I wanted to hear rather than educate myself properly
    My first 3 months consisted of 200 mgs weekly, winstrol lozenges, no HcG and 3 mgs of anastrozole weekly. No that's not a type poo, 3mgs!
    I should sue LOL! Live and learn.... Royally crashing E2 does NOT feel good!

Man you had it rough -

That's why I'm here educating myself.
    kewe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    That's why I'm here educating myself.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    Sorry to hear it's not going well for you and you're not happy. I wish you had stuck with the re-start longer than 3 months. You might have made it out, i would expect it to be closer to 6 months.

Thread Information