LT75 is offline Associate Member

Testosterone seepage and squirting out

I have been on TRT for years now. I am doing shots twice a week using 23gx 1" needles. I only do it in my glutes rotating sides. I have had issues the last couple injections on my right glute. The first time it slowly came out clear and ran down my leg. I thought maybe it was run off from priming the needle. The second time i pulled it out and it shot out a foot. It was bloody so I thought maybe a blood vessel. The last time it shot out a foot again but it was clear and smelled like oil.

So why would this be happening? Scar tissue? It's only over one area on the piriformis muscle. During the injections when it happens I would push the plunger down gradually. When you let go of the plunger you can see it go back a little from pressure in the glute. I have no pain in the area, just this issue. I repin in another area maybe 2 inches away with a tad more testosterone to make up for lost test without issue.

I guess I need to incorporate delts and thighs now. What size needles for delts and thighs? 1/2 inch 23g or 25g?

Lifted1 is offline Member
    you could try pinning subq to have more options. 1/2" 27g or insulin syringe and put it in stomach, love handle or glute fat. easy peasy

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I use 25g 5/8 for the delts, no loading pin just clean, draw, pin...doesn't get any easier or painless. Lots of real estate between both delts!

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Start rotating injection sites as what you explained is not unheard of since you're 3+ years into pinning in the same area. It sounds like built up scar tissue from what you explained above.

I'm on TRT, pin 2X per week, rotate between delts, quads, and glutes to avoid scar tissue. I also use a 1" 23g for all injection sites with no issue.

Good luck

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What Lifted said. Do SQ and you'll have no issues at all. And no scar tissue development.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've always inserted the needle slowly, injected slowly & let the needle sit a moment before removing it slowly & have had no such issues...

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    I've always inserted the needle slowly, injected slowly & let the needle sit a moment before removing it slowly & have had no such issues...
    I always inject slow. I noticed the pressure build up again so I let the needle sit for 30 seconds before I pulled it out. It still sprayed out. I need to add more and rotate different injection site. Thanks everyone!

jwh7699 is offline Member
    I have injected in the glutes for 3 years. Never had that problem.

Are you pushing the needle all the way in? You may be injecting too low.

I was told too take your thumb and find the top of your hip bone, pivot your hand down with your pointy finger straight down. You can inject anywhere between the tip of your thumb and tip of your pointy finger. Don't go lower.

Quote Originally Posted by jwh7699 View Post
    I have injected in the glutes for 3 years. Never had that problem.

Are you pushing the needle all the way in? You may be injecting too low.

I was told too take your thumb and find the top of your hip bone, pivot your hand down with your pointy finger straight down. You can inject anywhere between the tip of your thumb and tip of your pointy finger. Don't go lower.
    Yes I go in all the way. I use the same quadrant as you(upper outside). It has to be scare tissue build up. I always use the foam roller on the area after I inject as well to disperse the oil.

jwh7699 is offline Member
    I inject the majority of the time on the right side because I'm right handed and it's easier that way. I prefer the glutes because you can inject deeper without the worry of hitting something.

Maybe use the other side for awhile and continue with the foam roller until you can get the scar tissue too loosen
    up.

Good Luck!!

Thread Information