charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Estardiol levels

Ust got back my estradiol results .... <10 pg/ml. The range was 11-20 (not sure about high value).
    What does this mean? I think that it is being used to confirm low activity in the testes. Correct?

Just a curious question.... Is there a reason that they are testing total test and estradiol? My understanding is that the free amount is the important number. My theory is that they do not understand completely.. I cannot believe that an endocrinologist does not know this... Or, maybe I'm confused.

Some of the Test in your Total Test count is going to convert to estrogen (estradiol). Looking at those numbers the endo can determine how much Test is being converted to estrogen. What are the rest of your numbers?

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Without without seeing the rest of your bloodwork that result tells us nothing where are the other results

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Test was 173. Range 240-871
    Prolactin 5.2. Range 2.0-18.0

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Ust got back my estradiol results .... <10 pg/ml. The range was 11-20 (not sure about high value).
    What does this mean? I think that it is being used to confirm low activity in the testes. Correct?

Just a curious question.... Is there a reason that they are testing total test and estradiol? My understanding is that the free amount is the important number. My theory is that they do not understand completely.. I cannot believe that an endocrinologist does not know this... Or, maybe I'm confused.
    Yes the free amount is the only one that matters for the body but its much more difficult for them to exactly determine free test. Therefor they use total test which is much easier. (And less epensive i guess) And if your total test is ok, your free test is ok almost everytime. They are related. Almost like creatinine and gfr. ( Like if you know your creatinine, gfr can be calculated from it)

Thread Information