Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Billegitimate

Thread: First bloodwork in 2 years

ctenosaura is offline Associate Member

First bloodwork in 2 years

I'm taking 40 mg of T-cyp and .10 cc hcg on Thursday and Sunday. What can I do to get my estrodial lowered without taking an estrogen blocker? Other than that do my numbers look okay?

Baxter35 is offline Member
    When was the blood draw taken in relation to your most recent injection?

Injection Sunday 10/9, Blood taken on a Wednesday 10/12

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    When was the blood draw taken in relation to your most recent injection?

Since that measurement is close to your trough, I'd consider lowering test dose just a little before taking an AI. Your E2 is not that far out of range, and your total and free T is great and could likely drop a little with no noticeable difference. Overall results look really good to me. How do you feel?

Billegitimate is offline Junior Member
    Just curious, since you gave your hcg dose as .1cc, are you sure you're doing 40mg T per shot? If it's typical 200mg/ml T cyp that would be a .2cc shot.

May be I'm giving the wrong info. On a regular syringe, it's on 4th line (0ne line less than the 1/2 cc Mark). For the HCG , it's on the 10 mark of the insulin syringe.

Good catch! And that does make a difference. The big question now though is to confirm what strength your test is. 200mg per ml is most common, but other dosages are available. If your test is 200/ml then you're actually taking 80mg twice a week(which would honestly make more sense from the lab results you posted), check that and get back to us.

Billegitimate is offline Junior Member
    Dude, think of the AMOUNT you inject as how long you drove a car. Think of the strength of the compound as how fast you were driving. If you're driving .4 hours at 200mph you went 80 miles. If you drove .4 hours at 100mph you went 40 miles.

So...if your bottle of test cyp says "200mg/ml" and you inject .4ml of it, you injected 80mg.

And all we can work from is what you inject, not the volume or the strength. It's like telling someone you drove for 2 hours...they have no idea how far you drove.

Ditto for your hcg . .1ml of what? But welll circle back to that, right now just figure out what I'm trying to say here and actually understand how this stuff works.

Yes the bottle is 200mg per ml so I guess I am taking 80 mg. twice a week. When I was active here when I first got started a few years ago, I was taking 75mg once a week. I was advised to take two smaller doses twice a week to keep my estrodial in check, but now it seems a little elevated. I feel fine but a tad more tired than I use to but I'm just assuming it has to do with age. I don't know what the affects of elevated estrodial would be. Thanks for your guys help!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, very good catch. So you are taking 160mg per week, much more in line with the blood work results.

If you want to reduce estrogen you need to reduce the test. Try 100 or 120mg per week.

I hear ya, but here's the thing, I tried a lower does but didn't feel as good. At the does I'm at now, I feel good. So would an e blocker be the only alternative to a lower T dose? If so what type? I also read that too low of estrogen can make you feel horrible.
    Thanks again

If you feel good and aren't experiencing any negative sides, I wouldn't worry too much about an e2 reading in the 50's. It's slightly elevated but not ridiculous. I think your safe to leave everything as is for now and retest e2 in another month or two to make sure it is staying consistent and not continuing to rise. If you decide on an AI, I'd recommend arimidex (anastrozol) at .25mg the day after each injection for a total of .5mg a week. That should drop your E2 into normal range without being enough to bottom it out. But again, I think your safe to just monitor E2 for now if you want.

thanks Baxter!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    If you feel good and aren't experiencing any negative sides, I wouldn't worry too much about an e2 reading in the 50's. It's slightly elevated but not ridiculous. I think your safe to leave everything as is for now and retest e2 in another month or two to make sure it is staying consistent and not continuing to rise. If you decide on an AI, I'd recommend arimidex (anastrozol) at .25mg the day after each injection for a total of .5mg a week. That should drop your E2 into normal range without being enough to bottom it out. But again, I think your safe to just monitor E2 for now if you want.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Yes, very good catch. So you are taking 160mg per week, much more in line with the blood work results.

If you want to reduce estrogen you need to reduce the test. Try 100 or 120mg per week.
    Or since his e2 is not that high, he could google the best e2-lowering foodtypes and put as many as he can in his diett. His hct is fine and if he pays attention to his PSA (prostate) and BP too, he could live good with that testlevel, if he managed to eat those foodtypes. But plenty of root vegetables etc are not gourmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Or since his e2 is not that high, he could google the best e2-lowering foodtypes and put as many as he can in his diett. His hct is fine and if he pays attention to his PSA (prostate) and BP too, he could live good with that testlevel, if he managed to eat those foodtypes. But plenty of root vegetables etc are not gourmet.
    Good point. I'll check that out also

Thread Information