• 1 Post By Baxter35
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By Baxter35
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: New to the TRT scene

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

New to the TRT scene

Story: been on trt for 6 weeks now, just had bloods pulled and so far i know my test is at 317 on a 200 mg eow regime. Thats out the window, switching to 100 mg per week, last week.

With initial test at 205, im extremely disappointed in my 6wk results.

Anyone care to share their protocol and where your test levels are sitting? Really scratching my head here

Hydrolex is offline Junior Member
    it says you're a knowledgeable member, but how do you not know T eow is nothing but a waste of time, not just test, any hormones

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrolex View Post
    it says you're a knowledgeable member, but how do you not know T eow is nothing but a waste of time, not just test, any hormones
    Even the knowledgeables have trouble convincing their docs about good TRT practices...
    Cuz likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah, your t level should be higher. Maybe you should check SHBG, DHT and sensitive e2.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrolex View Post
    Im a knowledgeable member because i have put some time in here, built an impressive physique and still look good despite a 2 year layoff from diet/training/cycling...which i know a thing or two about. Im in fact ignorant of how trt works, thanks for your comment junior

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Yeah, your t level should be higher. Maybe you should check SHBG, DHT and sensitive e2.
    Next week i am doing this along with total and free test again. Thanks for the reply

Baxter35 is offline Member
    When were your bloods pulled in relation to your last pin? On that TRT schedule, those results sound about right if it was toward the end of week 2. Your on the right track switching to 100mg once a week. You will get far more stable results from that. Even better would be 50-60mg twice a week. Everyone's different, but for me twice weekly at 60 puts my levels around 600 at the trough (tested day of injection but before injection). And I don't need an AI at that level. 200mg eow is old school, but unfortunately still commonly prescribed. Let us know how it goes.
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    When were your bloods pulled in relation to your last pin? On that TRT schedule, those results sound about right if it was toward the end of week 2. Your on the right track switching to 100mg once a week. You will get far more stable results from that. Even better would be 50-60mg twice a week. Everyone's different, but for me twice weekly at 60 puts my levels around 600 at the trough (tested day of injection but before injection). And I don't need an AI at that level. 200mg eow is old school, but unfortunately still commonly prescribed. Let us know how it goes.
    Thank you bax! Yes sir it was pulled directly 7 days after the pin of 200 mg...still havent got e2 results.
    Changed to 100 mg ew now. Just pinning 1x per week atm, gonna pull bw again and see what its hitting. When should i pull my bw after the 100mg injection?

Bloodwork is best pulled on the day your next pin is due, but before pinning. That way you know what your levels are at their lowest (trough). At 7 days out from 200mg, I would have expected your levels to be quite a bit higher though...the results you posted would have made more sense closer to the 14 day mark than 7. However, these things do take some time to get dialed in. I'd give it a few more weeks at 100mg, then retest, but you may need to titrate up a bit. And as said before, get E2 tested, and also free T if you can. Free T is really what matters.
    Cuz likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, we told you pin every 2 weeks was wrong for test E or cyp.

Your initial test levels were very low, this can lead to lower levels with long protocol. If you want to continue with once per week injection I would try one week to inject 200mg, this would raise your subsequent levels after you go back to 100mg.
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    Bloodwork is best pulled on the day your next pin is due, but before pinning. That way you know what your levels are at their lowest (trough). At 7 days out from 200mg, I would have expected your levels to be quite a bit higher though...the results you posted would have made more sense closer to the 14 day mark than 7. However, these things do take some time to get dialed in. I'd give it a few more weeks at 100mg, then retest, but you may need to titrate up a bit. And as said before, get E2 tested, and also free T if you can. Free T is really what matters.
    Thats what i thought Bax thanks, i was also confused by the numbers that 200mg put me at just 7 days out. Im gonna retest with the 100mg treatment weekly and see where i am.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Well, we told you pin every 2 weeks was wrong for test E or cyp.

Your initial test levels were very low, this can lead to lower levels with long protocol. If you want to continue with once per week injection I would try one week to inject 200mg, this would raise your subsequent levels after you go back to 100mg.
    Yes i agree and am by no means going against forum advice. Dealing with a doc that really doesnt understand what is happening or may not even care is a hard ship to steer. I did manage to get a self script and change the biweekly to weekly protocol. When i retest and see the numbers on the 100pweek, i will either stay there or suggest maybe 120 or even 150 mg per week.
    Thanks for the input bb and if you have anything please share im all ears

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Yes i agree and am by no means going against forum advice. Dealing with a doc that really doesnt understand what is happening or may not even care is a hard ship to steer. I did manage to get a self script and change the biweekly to weekly protocol. When i retest and see the numbers on the 100pweek, i will either stay there or suggest maybe 120 or even 150 mg per week.
    Thanks for the input bb and if you have anything please share im all ears
    I understand, sometimes its hard. But if you are self injecting try this, next shot pin 200mg, if you can stretch it to 250mg better. Then go back to 100 a week.

The bloodwork result should be better after 4 weeks. About the extra oil used, you can say you drop the syringe or messed up something making it non sterile and dumped it.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    I understand, sometimes its hard. But if you are self injecting try this, next shot pin 200mg, if you can stretch it to 250mg better. Then go back to 100 a week.

The bloodwork result should be better after 4 weeks. About the extra oil used, you can say you drop the syringe or messed up something making it non sterile and dumped it.
    Thanks B, would you reccommend some adex on hand? I dont have any right now and would have to wait on it

I wouldn't worry about an AI just yet. Give it time with just the TRT, and see where your E2 lands once you've settled in to a solid protocol that yields test levels you're happy with. If your E2 ends up being a little elevated at that point you could discuss an AI with your dr., or add it on your own if desired. Unlike cycling, the test levels your dealing with aren't likely to spike your E2 levels to anything crazy too quickly, so you can afford to wait it out a bit. Ideally, you may find you don't even need an AI. If you can, I like BBs idea of a one time shot of 200mg, followed by 100mg weekly after that. You'll get to the same levels either way after several weeks, but the 200 would help boost it up a bit quicker.
    Cuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Thanks B, would you reccommend some adex on hand? I dont have any right now and would have to wait on it
    What Bax said. Dont worry for now, it will be checked next bw anyways.
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Thanks fellas. Im going for bw again on the 8th. See what that yields. Last week my estriadol was at 5.0. I havent seen the paperwork yet but im guessing thats on the 2.0- 5.5 scale.
    It just seems strange to me why my test would only be 317 after 4 injections of 200mg eow. And then my left breast gland is swollen and very sore. To me that suggest a whole lot of my T is aramotizing into estrogen. Why idk, at a trt dose...i dont know if liver function is inhibiting this or what. Its puzzling

Like said, next week im rechecking bloods. Its hard not to panick but im gonna do the best i can. Especially when you know how to fix breast tissue problem and your wife doesnt believe you...but anyway. I know what to do. And i do thank both of you guys for your support. I couldn't make it without this community

Thread Information