Thread: Ester Question

Dhamfear is offline New Member

Ester Question

I was put on TRT a little while back. My doc prescribed 100mg of C every two weeks.

I knew that was not enough so I started supplementing with some from a reputable supplier. I contacted him to place an order and found out that he was taking a few months break from the biz and had to place an order for E because it was all he had left and I would run out well before he started back up.

Now for my question: If I am taking 100mg of C twice a week and start using E should I start using 100 mg of C AND 100mg of E 4 weeks before the C runs out so that it will be up to strength before the C runs out? Or am I just confused about the time release aspect of the esters?

Thanks!

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Just treat them as though they are the same.

Excellent!

Thank you!

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamfear View Post
    I was put on TRT a little while back. My doc prescribed 100mg of C every two weeks.

I knew that was not enough so I started supplementing with some from a reputable supplier. I contacted him to place an order and found out that he was taking a few months break from the biz and had to place an order for E because it was all he had left and I would run out well before he started back up.

Now for my question: If I am taking 100mg of C twice a week and start using E should I start using 100 mg of C AND 100mg of E 4 weeks before the C runs out so that it will be up to strength before the C runs out? Or am I just confused about the time release aspect of the esters?

Thanks!
    How do u know that was not enough?
    Done any bloods?

200 mg e/c migth slowly increase your hct because it most likely will get you beond 700 ng/dl.

I had BW done beforehand but not since. There was absolutely no response to the dose he prescribed.

Like most docs he only knows the basics of TRT. He doesn't even plan on seeing me again until next year which means no followup BW until then. I'm not too worried about it because it looks like I will be moving in early summer and I will find another doc then. Hopefully, I can find a good Endo or at least an Internal that is up on TRT.

FYI, I can't find my paperwork right now but I was low and I knew it going in. I tested low about three years ago but insurance didn't cover much of the crappy gel I was prescribed so I stopped.

Also, I am considering lowering my dosage to 100mg/wk. I am doing a little more research at this point.

Edit to add that my initial plan was to go at 200mg/wk for a "cycle" and then cruise at 100. The cruise level is what I am considering/reconsidering.
    Last edited by Dhamfear; 02-24-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Thread Information