omniscience is offline New Member

Qualify for TRT?

Hi All,

Been a long time reader of the forum and finally decided to sign up.

To save my from posting a long story here is a summary about myself.

Age 23, weight 87kg, bf ~20%,

After reading a lot of information online it became obvious to me that I have low test symptoms.
    Spent nearly 18 months in the gym with a very good diet but did not see much progress and could not lose fat in certain areas.

I have never been on cycle and am unsure of the cause. I know what the treatment's would be but I can't get in to see an endo for a few months and was hoping someone here could help me find out a possible cause. Here are my bloods.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Qualify for TRT?-screen-shot-2017-04-22-4.43.39-pm.png

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Qualify really seems like a wrong word, if you are diagnosed with hypogonadism one of the treatments is TRT.

At your age the values you show are completely abnormal, and will have an underlying reason. So first you need to do several exams in order to try to find out whats causing the low testosterone .

Did you have any history with testicle problems? Any serious health problem, or accidents requiring hospitalization? Are you, or were a drug user?

You should get on to this ASAP, dont understand why you are waiting months to see an endo. Do try to see an endo specialized in andrology.

omniscience is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Qualify really seems like a wrong word, if you are diagnosed with hypogonadism one of the treatments is TRT.

At your age the values you show are completely abnormal, and will have an underlying reason. So first you need to do several exams in order to try to find out whats causing the low testosterone .

Did you have any history with testicle problems? Any serious health problem, or accidents requiring hospitalization? Are you, or were a drug user?

You should get on to this ASAP, dont understand why you are waiting months to see an endo. Do try to see an endo specialized in andrology.
    No history of testicle problems, started noticing / realising significant symptoms of low T in the last 1-2 months and noticed that they are smaller than usual in the last month. Although thinking back, I think I may have always suffered from either high estrogen since a teenager or low test due to lack of muscle mass. Did manage to get an old blood report from 2013 but everything was in-range then.

No serious health problems, I got full bloods done within the last few weeks, the only other thing that is bad is my cholesterol, which is from genetics from my Dad's side.

~ 3 years ago was in a bad car accident and most significant injury was a compression fracture on my L4 vertebrae, was in hospital for a few days. However about a year later did have a microdiscectomy to fix a prolapsed L4 Disc.

Have never been a drug user.

I am already on this, the results freaked me out and am getting a Pituitary MRI on Monday. I've called 15-20 endo's and they all have waiting lists with nothing available until end of June at the least.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    You should also do thyroid blood tests: TSH, free T3, free T4 and thyroid antibodies

Best of luck

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's worth waiting till June or until later to find out the underlying reason. Once you start TRT, your BW will be all messed up and your doc will have a harder time helping you solve an issue that may be much bigger than low-T, or an issue that could have solved your low-T issue.

Thread Information