Paragon73 is offline New Member

HCG 4 weeks on, 8 weeks off

My doc changed my TRT protocol (test cyp, anastrazol, hcg ) from HCG 500 iu twice per week continuous to the same but 4 weeks on and 8 weeks off. His reason was to prevent the balls from desensitizing. After 24 weeks of this protocol I'm noticing some atrophy. Has anyone heard of this protocol? I think I'm going to have him change it back.

Can I get my testicle size back with more hcg?

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I've never seen any human publications that continuous use of HCG will down regulate testicular LH or FSH receptors. There are mixed reports from different species. It seems to down regulate mice and rats, but up regulate hamsters. So the answer is not clear, and I've not seem any research in primates. If it exists, and someone has found it, I'd love to read it. Please post a link.

In my experience (5+ years on TRT), I've not experienced any testicular atrophy while on low doses of HCG. I started out at about 150 IU 3X per week and now have upped it to 350 IU 3X per week. I did not notice any difference in testicular size from increasing the dose, but it does seem to have a positive effect on ejaculate volume. Keep in mind that the testicles produce very little of the ejaculate (~5%). The majority comes from the seminal vesicles (~60%), followed by the prostate (~30%), with the remainder coming from the testicles and Cowpers gland. It's been shown in numerous histology studies that both the seminal vesicles and prostate have LH receptors in addition to androgen receptors.

Thread Information