Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 1 Post By OdinsOtherSon

Thread: Injecting into tense muscle. What harm?

anoxicblaze is offline Associate Member

Injecting into tense muscle. What harm?

So, I've just given myself my first poor injection. Too nonchalant, didn't relax, put it into tense muscle, realised I was tense so relaxed (with needle inside) muscle did a crazy spasm. All in all a poor effort. And I bled.
    I was wondering, what harm does this do? Just damages a few muscle fibres? No real harm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Your kids could potentially be born naked.
    You could possibly get slightly worse PIP.
    ghettoboyd and geezuschrist like this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    I've been there, some times injection hurts like a bitch and bleeds a little more than usual and sometimes it barely stings

If its just PIP I usually just ignore it since its not that bad

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Without starting a thread about this, you ever rotate your injection sites?

Not yet but I will. I'm limited due to high body fat. I inject where I have definition. As for the PIP. It's worse than I expected. Feels like heavy, deep bruising. Almost like an injury. I will not be making this mistake again. Not much info/warning on this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxicblaze View Post
    Not yet but I will. I'm limited due to high body fat. I inject where I have definition. As for the PIP. It's worse than I expected. Feels like heavy, deep bruising. Almost like an injury. I will not be making this mistake again. Not much info/warning on this.

the pain is normal for what you just did.... imagine if you will, taking a pin sticking it into your leg and swirling it around...imagine the damage that would cause because that's kind of what you did in a sense...but you will be fine in say a week or so for the pain to disappear completely...next time relax, put the pin in slowly and hold it with your other hand if you can and most important inject slowly...it maybe a bit extream but I try to inject 1ml in 1 minutes time that will help a lot...good luck
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I used to have a BAD problem with flinching when I took an injection in the hip. Once I had a nurse slap the shit out of my ass, then immediately wiped the injection site and stuck me. That worked great for preventing the flinch, but I didn't find a lot of nurses who knew that technique.

Later I had another nurse who made me stand on the foot opposite the hip I was taking the injection in, then place the other foot against the back of ankle I was standing on. Sort of like I was polishing the top of the other shoe against the back of the calf on the leg I was standing on. That position made it harder to tense the glutes, so I couldn't flinch.

If you're not into beating on yourself, and if you're injecting into a limb, maybe you can find a position to hold it in so the muscles can't be contracted so easily.

</post whoring>

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't freak when you pin all the way through a vein, inject, withdraw and blood shoots out of your leg/delt/whatever like you've been shot. Btw, you are aspirating, right?

I've only ever tensed one. I don't see it happening again. I've stopped aspirating as I've never hit a vein so it just felt like a waste of time. Have yet to hit one.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxicblaze View Post
    I've only ever tensed one. I don't see it happening again. I've stopped aspirating as I've never hit a vein so it just felt like a waste of time. Have yet to hit one.

You will. It's just a matter of time.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    You will. It's just a matter of time.
    Eventually you push through a vein and the pocket is shoved into the vein when you remove the needle. Gives a nice metal taste.

Pocket? Taste? Hey???

Thread Information