Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Left over test

Closhmo is offline Junior Member

Left over test

Hey guys i just finished 10 weeks of TRT and am loving it!!!

My doctor prescribed me 180 mg of Test cyp once a week but wrote a script for 200 mg/week. i have been following his protocol but now have some left over test in the vial. its like half a ml because i messed up once. i dont want to waste it!

can i draw that with my drawing syringe and then insert it into a new vial and draw the rest?? should i switch needles? or should i just discard it which seems like such a waste!!

also i just got back to the pharmacy and got 10 1 ml vials instead of 1 10 ml vial. i once again dont want to waste lol could i just do 1ml a week so 200 mg instead of 180 mg even though that goes against the protocol?? i have bloodwork in august and dont want to show up too high. ive been at 840 on mylowest day on 180 mg which my dr was super happy with

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Closhmo View Post
    Hey guys i just finished 10 weeks of TRT and am loving it!!!

My doctor prescribed me 180 mg of Test cyp once a week but wrote a script for 200 mg/week. i have been following his protocol but now have some left over test in the vial. its like half a ml because i messed up once. i dont want to waste it!

can i draw that with my drawing syringe and then insert it into a new vial and draw the rest?? should i switch needles? or should i just discard it which seems like such a waste!!

also i just got back to the pharmacy and got 10 1 ml vials instead of 1 10 ml vial. i once again dont want to waste lol could i just do 1ml a week so 200 mg instead of 180 mg even though that goes against the protocol?? i have bloodwork in august and dont want to show up too high. ive been at 840 on mylowest day on 180 mg which my dr was super happy with
    Never transfer from one vial to another. If the original vial had some contamination, you will be seeding the new vial with the bugs.

As far as going against protocol, that's in individual decision. You run the risk of the doc cutting you back because he's not seeing the numbers he thought he would see and doesn't know you increased the dose.

Closhmo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Never transfer from one vial to another. If the original vial had some contamination, you will be seeding the new vial with the bugs.

As far as going against protocol, that's in individual decision. You run the risk of the doc cutting you back because he's not seeing the numbers he thought he would see and doesn't know you increased the dose.

ok ill just stick to the protocol and toss the leftovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Closhmo View Post
    ok ill just stick to the protocol and toss the leftovers!
    No Need to toss. The stuff is stable for quite some time as long as you are careful about using "sterile" (actually clean) technique. Simply use the vial until it is empty and then toss. Open the next when you are ready. Over time you will build up a rainy day surplus.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    I get what your saying with the little bit left over in the small 1ml vial. I get the 1ml vials as well. What you can do is draw up whatever is left in the old vial first, then draw the rest from the new vial to equal the full dose. I do it all the time. No sense wasting anything. Also if you ever did want to mix vials I don't see a problem with it as long as they're both sterile vials and your using a fresh needle. I mean, if the contents of the syringe are clean enough to inject into your body, then it's clean enough to shoot into another vial to hang on to for a little bit. I've done that as well with no issues.
    On another note, 180/wk is pretty high to start out at. How did your doc arrive at that dosage? Make sure you're monitoring E2.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'd try dropping it to 60-70mg 2x/week and then pull your own labs after 4-6 weeks and see where that puts you. Should result in less E2 conversion and if you have some left over, think of it as a savings account for your TRT.
    I don't know about you, but there are times my pharmacy doesn't have test in stock and if I didn't have a stash, I would have had to wait for a few days, which isn't something I like to do.
    I also get the little baby 1 ml vials.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I'd try dropping it to 60-70mg 2x/week and then pull your own labs after 4-6 weeks and see where that puts you. Should result in less E2 conversion and if you have some left over, think of it as a savings account for your TRT.
    I don't know about you, but there are times my pharmacy doesn't have test in stock and if I didn't have a stash, I would have had to wait for a few days, which isn't something I like to do.
    I also get the little baby 1 ml vials.
    Both of the prior tow posts have some great points. I particularly agree with the lower dose 2X/week suggestion. I'm a STRONG supporter of this approach. In my opinion, even 60-70 mg 2X/week is too high of a starting dose. I generally recommend 40-50 mg 2X per week as a starting dose and then in 6 week repeat labs and adjust from there. Every time you adjust the dose, the effect cascades through literally dozens of hormones in the body and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to come to a new "normal". Larger doses have an even greater cascade effect and can throw the system way out of whack and you end up chasing symptoms with solutions you don't need with lower doses.

I've never had to deal with 1 mL vials, so I'm just now beginning to understand your problem. My suggestion is to transfer 5 to 10 vials at once with a clean sterile syringe into a single 10 mL (new) sterile vial. These empty sterile vials are readily available on the internet. I've even ordered them through AMAZON. By doing this all at once and with very careful attention to clean technique, you should be fine.

Thread Information