Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By Sh0tsf1red
  • 1 Post By geezuschrist

Thread: Have you ever doubled your dose for a month to feel good?

anoxicblaze is offline Associate Member

Have you ever doubled your dose for a month to feel good?

Have you ever doubled your dose for a month? For example from 100mg a week to 200mg, and did it make you feel great?

That's not technically a 'blast' is it?
    Wonder how it would feel for those four weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I don't think you will notice much difference but idk for sure...

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    I think if you only did it for a month you would be cutting it off about a week before you might notice a difference. When I blast 500 on top of trt it still takes about 5 weeks to get that super man feeling.

"That superman feeling". Ha. I'm so tempted to do a blast. So easy now I'm used to injecting.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't run into an issue where I had to double my dose, also don't quote me but upping the dose on one injection probably wont do as much as most think.

Either way, you've been MIA for a while, have you thought about increasing your weekly dose now since previously you didn't feel it at roughly 100-150mg?

I kind of think anywhere between 100-150 per week is a good dose for straight HRT, also regarding feel better maybe check out your nutrition, sleep, and training instead of upping the dose right off the bat.
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxicblaze View Post
    Have you ever doubled your dose for a month? For example from 100mg a week to 200mg, and did it make you feel great?

That's not technically a 'blast' is it?
    Wonder how it would feel for those four weeks.

It would depend on injection frequency and a month isn't very long to enjoy the ride. One of the things that made me feel better and gave me much less "rollercoaster" effect was going from 150mg once/week to ~ 60mg twice/week. My total T stayed pretty much the same, but my free T went just slightly over the top of the range.
    If you double your dose, be prepared to make an AI adjustment based on labs, which would suck because after 4 weeks you have to go back to your old dosage/AI usage.
    Personally, if you're going to blast, be able to go for a good 8-10 weeks and still allow time for your levels to normalize at your preblast dosage.
    I might would consider a 6 week blast if running prop.....maybe.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goalinmind View Post
    I haven't run into an issue where I had to double my dose, also don't quote me but upping the dose on one injection probably wont do as much as most think.

Either way, you've been MIA for a while, have you thought about increasing your weekly dose now since previously you didn't feel it at roughly 100-150mg?

I kind of think anywhere between 100-150 per week is a good dose for straight HRT, also regarding feel better maybe check out your nutrition, sleep, and training instead of upping the dose right off the bat.
    I notice big difference when I change my TRT dose. My doc had me on the low side for a while but slowly brought it up based on my blood work.

When I'm on cycle i kick it up a but, and some times even kick it down a bit depending on what I'm running. The test seems to "go farther" when I add tren so ill drop my test dose a bit and then go back to normal dose when off tren.
    Obs likes this.

Sharvield5 is offline New Member
    Nope, I didn't try that yet. Actually I don't want to take a single chance. I hope if I follow my rules and regulations I hope I will reach my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by goalinmind View Post

Hi, I'm still on 150mg. Starting to feel it now, mostly in the gym to be honest. Doing double the amount of sets and building muscle. ED has improved. Can't complain. I am getting vertigo though and sometimes feel shit. That could easily be the withdrawal infects of my ssri though. They were a bad idea.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxicblaze View Post
    Hi, I'm still on 150mg. Starting to feel it now, mostly in the gym to be honest. Doing double the amount of sets and building muscle. ED has improved. Can't complain. I am getting vertigo though and sometimes feel shit. That could easily be the withdrawal infects of my ssri though. They were a bad idea.

Normal TRT doses are roughly at 100-150mg a week. Some even stick with 75-125mg a week and it really depends on a lot of things. I would say stick it out at 150mg a week and you're good. A lot of things come into play when you're talking about how you feel

IMHO A lot of it has to also come down to training, nutrition, sleep, managing your levels and staying up to date on the blood work, raising a dosage might be a good idea but I like to stick it out a bit lower and see how much I can get out of that dose by exercise, eating right, managing your sleep and stress levels.. Either way, you're on the right path just keep up to date with the blood work and maybe even look at adding some HCG into the TRT protocol..

geezuschrist is offline Associate Member
    It would really just be a waste. It'll take 4-6 weeks to "feel" it and then you'd have to mess with keeping estrogen down etc. Try your trt in two doses a week and maybe try a blast at 500mg for 12 weeks running an Ai.
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information