Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy
  • 1 Post By NeedAdvice411

Thread: Switching from Arimidex to Aromasin

NeedAdvice411 is offline New Member

Switching from Arimidex to Aromasin

I have been prescribed .5mg of Adex MWF with 200mg of Test Cyp (100mg 2x per week) This keeps my E2 in the mid to upper 20s.

I am considering switching to Aromasin and I am curious as to how I would dose Aromasin as equivalent to my Adex dose of .5mg MWF? Hopefully one of you guys can help me out.

Also is there a protocol for switching between the two AIs? Or Can i just start take Aromasin right away after stopping Arimidex ?

Thanks

P.S. the reason I am considering switching AI's is my IGF-1 has gotten really low and I have read that Adex lowers IGF-1 while Aromasin actually raises it. Any truth to this? The reason I am concerned is now my IGF-1 is almost below normal range and that obviously isnt ideal for people like us trying to gain/preserve muscle and lose fat.
    Last edited by NeedAdvice411; 09-12-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    An interesting idea, but I have no advice to offer. I wasn't aware of its IGF-1 stimulating effect. I'll have to do a little more research on it to before I consider any sort of trial. I do know that one reason anastrozole can lower IGF-1 is by lowering E2, since normal E2 levels are required for men to produce IGF-1. One good reason not to over do anastrozole. I too have wated my IGF-1 level dwindle with advancing age. I've tried a couple rounds of GH and it was very effective, but way too expensive and difficult to get.
    NeedAdvice411 likes this.

NeedAdvice411 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    An interesting idea, but I have no advice to offer. I wasn't aware of its IGF-1 stimulating effect. I'll have to do a little more research on it to before I consider any sort of trial. I do know that one reason anastrozole can lower IGF-1 is by lowering E2, since normal E2 levels are required for men to produce IGF-1. One good reason not to over do anastrozole. I too have wated my IGF-1 level dwindle with advancing age. I've tried a couple rounds of GH and it was very effective, but way too expensive and difficult to get.
    I am still on the fence on if it actually raises IGF-1, I hope its true because mine needs a boost lol. One really good benefit of Aromasin I found out though is it doesnt effect lipids! but anastrozole takes a toll on them for sure. The 2 down sides I have found from switching from Adex to Aromasin is Aromasin is more expensive AND I have read all over it can cause hair loss but I havent seen any studies to confirm it.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind running some HGH...but I don't have the extra money to spend on it lol

Hopefully someone will chime in and let us know if Aromasin really does raise IGF-1. Sadly I have about 3 threads on the forum asking different questions about IGF-1 but I haven't gotten any replies with the information I'm looking for on it. Hopefully some people will stumble across them tomorrow
    Last edited by NeedAdvice411; 09-13-2017 at 12:40 AM.
    hxt likes this.

Thread Information