Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By nwjt

Thread: Probability of being Sterile

nwjt is offline Associate Member

Probability of being Sterile

Im not wanting to have kids but Im curious what you may think, I know its just a guess but would like to know what others have found out.

I start test cyp injections back in 2010. I was on them until late feb of last year, I took 6 months off, and then started cream from Sept forward. Levels were 700 and upwards.
    On the cream my levels run about 250, and my testicles are bigger than when I used to inject. I never did any PCT type stuff or anything like that, just an AI from time to time when I as injecting.

In case you're wondering why the break and the switch, I started going to the a new doc they made me stop for 6 months to see if my levels were low, then gave me the cream..

Based on that information, do you think I be sterile from Sept forward? Have any of you remained fertile while on the cream?

Edit: Im 40 at the end of this year. Just to confirm, Im curious if anyone has experience remaining fertile while on trt for a long time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by nwjt; 11-15-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have a similar question about retaining the ability to have children while on TRT.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    We need more info on this subject on this site. I ran a couple of terrible cycles b2b without AI or hcg or proper pct, I had kids afterward a year or so later.

I am curious what actual chance of sterility there is even as I had done it?
    It seems unlikely but I was indeed young and dumb and full of cum. A young guy might even be more resilient in terms of sterility???

My question is what are the effects on virility of a Blast on while on TRT?
    I know of the Pubmed study that KelKel posted a few months ago regarding a 3-month HCG cycle, to maintain virility while on TRT, and my TRT doc recommended the same thing.
    Preserving fertility in the hypogonadal patient: an update https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378070/

So, this study states that HCG or SERMS + HCG can restore/maintain virility.
    This seems to suggest that a SERM (Nolva/Clomid) + HCG could be a PCT after a blast?
    Same article, full-text
    http://www.ajandrology.com/article.a...ulast=Ramasamy
    This is from the link above:
    For healthy patients who use exogenous testosterone and are unable to establish a pregnancy because of the deficient spermatogenesis, there are now solutions to reverse the negative impact of testosterone supplementation. In our experience treatment involves discontinuation of exogenous testosterone and administration of 3000 units of hCG (either with the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole or the selective estrogen receptor modulator tamoxifen or clomiphene citrate) intramuscularly every other day for 3 or more months. As higher doses of hCG are known to suppress FSH levels, simultaneous administration of clomiphene citrate not only preserves, but enhances the secretion of FSH and LH from the anterior pituitary. With such treatments, testosterone-induced azoospermia was successfully reversed with hCG therapy in nearly all men receiving treatment. While further studies need to be carried out, every-other-day intramuscular hCG therapy is a viable option in the treatment of men who suffer suppressed spermatogenesis due to testosterone replacement . However, recovery is not immediate; patient spermatogenesis returned in 4-6 months.
    Last edited by Quester; 11-15-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    So, this study states that HCG or SERMS + HCG can restore/maintain virility.
    This seems to suggest that a SERM (Nolva/Clomid) + HCG could be a PCT after a blast?
    Same article, full-text
    Preserving fertility in the hypogonadal patient: an update Ramasamy R, Armstrong JM, Lipshultz LI - Asian J Androl
    This is from the link above:
    For healthy patients who use exogenous testosterone and are unable to establish a pregnancy because of the deficient spermatogenesis, there are now solutions to reverse the negative impact of testosterone supplementation. In our experience treatment involves discontinuation of exogenous testosterone and administration of 3000 units of hCG (either with the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole or the selective estrogen receptor modulator tamoxifen or clomiphene citrate) intramuscularly every other day for 3 or more months. As higher doses of hCG are known to suppress FSH levels, simultaneous administration of clomiphene citrate not only preserves, but enhances the secretion of FSH and LH from the anterior pituitary. With such treatments, testosterone-induced azoospermia was successfully reversed with hCG therapy in nearly all men receiving treatment. While further studies need to be carried out, every-other-day intramuscular hCG therapy is a viable option in the treatment of men who suffer suppressed spermatogenesis due to testosterone replacement. However, recovery is not immediate; patient spermatogenesis returned in 4-6 months.
    For healthy patients who use exogenous testosterone and are unable to establish a pregnancy because of the deficient spermatogenesis, there are now solutions to reverse the negative impact of testosterone supplementation. In our experience treatment involves discontinuation of exogenous testosterone and administration of 3000 units of hCG (either with the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole or the selective estrogen receptor modulator tamoxifen or clomiphene citrate) intramuscularly every other day for 3 or more months. As higher doses of hCG are known to suppress FSH levels, simultaneous administration of clomiphene citrate not only preserves, but enhances the secretion of FSH and LH from the anterior pituitary. With such treatments, testosterone-induced azoospermia was successfully reversed with hCG therapy in nearly all men receiving treatment.

Yes. It does say that.

Obs
    Quester....
    I read the study and cut the same clip out you did before I read all your post. Sorry, I wasn't being a smartass it was a very weird coincidence though. We think alike or something...
    Quester likes this.

Im going to get a sperm count check and will report back.

I used to do HCG years ago, and IM not concerned about making kids. My concern is that I might accidently make kids, so I should get fixed. But if Im infertile then that will be good news.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by nwjt View Post
    Im going to get a sperm count check and will report back.

I used to do HCG years ago, and IM not concerned about making kids. My concern is that I might accidently make kids, so I should get fixed. But if Im infertile then that will be good news.
    Get fixed anyway.
    Dont get a low sperm count and think you cant knock someone up.

I know a guy in his late 50's that thought he could dump his load in a 19 year old. He was a married business man.
    He was married and was a business man.
    Kid was born a year ago.
    Last edited by Obs; 11-16-2017 at 07:42 PM.

was he on trt?

Obs
    was he on trt?
    No idea.
    I had a kid after six months of b2b cycles with no hcg and very little improper pct though. Life finds a way sometimes.

It wasnt trt dose either, it was as much as I dared shoot.

Ill report back here with results, and will still get fixed.

BTW< tell your friend next time to blow it in her ass.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Ill report back here with results, and will still get fixed.

BTW< tell your friend next time to blow it in her ass.
    I like your mindset.
    When in doubt turn it over.
    Honestly feel for that guy a little.
    He was married forever and finally got a gleam of light.
    Boom...

It was all gone.

balin is offline Junior Member
    I packet of Androgel a day left me with LH and FSH levels of almost zero. Being in the bottom 1% range would probably not be good enough to feel comfortable about not having kids. But the no scalpel vasectomy me that I had left me smiling. If yo are really done with having kids a vasectomy is the way to go. Not to expensive and many insurances cover it totally. had it done on friday and back in the gym monday.

Interesting,from feb to july of 2016, I was on no trt after more than 5 years of being on it.
    My numbers in July 2016:
    UTEINIZING HORMONE 2.6 mIU/mL 1.2-8.6 Details
    FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE 3.3 mIU/mL 1.6-9.7 Details
    PROLACTIN 9.2 ng/mL 2.6-13.1

As expected, my levels are from primary, my T levels at 224.

I got on trt at test levels of 275, and the cream gets me up to 250. But that wasan hour or so after applying it Im not sure what the curve is but if I get up in the 700s that is a heck of a swing!

I routinely got up to 700+ injections.

Voyager1 is offline New Member

I got on trt at test levels of 275, and the cream gets me up to 250. But that wasan hour or so after applying it Im not sure what the curve is but if I get up in the 700s that is a heck of a swing!

I routinely got up to 700+ injections.
    Would be interested to know if your doc switches you back to injections...

Thread Information