zronhez is offline New Member

My Bloodwork Results: Advice Wanted

Hi steroids forum. I've recently had a male hormone profile done and I need your help in determining if I have anything to be worried about.

Reasons for test: Come on of anxiety in last year or so; depression as a result of. Low libido. Very modest results from consistent gym going.

The test results:

Result

Total Testosterone 20.6 nmol/L (Range is listed as 7.60 - 31.40)

Free - Testosterone 0.325 nmol/L (Range is listed as 0.30 - 1.00)

Sex Hormone Binding Glob 54 nmol/L (Range is listed as 16.00 - 55.00)

17-Beta Oestradiol 30.8 pmol/L (Range is listed as 0.00 - 191.99)

The test company have indicated that all results are within normal range but according to other charts I’m reading against, my SHBG is in the age range of somebody in their eighties...

Looking over my results in full, every reading is comfortably away from the outer reaches of the normal ranges except the two which arguably matter the most, free T and SHBG. My free T is just within the acceptable lower end of the range and my SHBG is just within the upper end.

So I’m sure I’m not being a hypochondriac, those levels are something to be concerned about for a 31 year old, is that correct? I’m going by a 1996 study featured in this article https://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/...erone-levels/1. Are there any other charts/studies I can reference for free T/SHBG levels by age?

If the anxiety/depression isn't hormone related then I can just take fluoxetine and be done with it but I want to be sure i'm treating the problem in the right way in the first place.

Any responses appreciated!
    Last edited by zronhez; 12-11-2017 at 06:07 AM.

Slacker78 is offline Member
    Hello, welcome to forum.

Your SHBG is too much high, even though is within range. This could explain your low free Test.

Thyroid issues could raise your SHBG and explain your anxiety/depression. Check you liver panel and thyroid TSH, FT4/FT3.

Warning: avoid antidepressants ! They could kill your libido irreversibly getting worse your situation.

Hey thanks for the reply Slacker. My Serum TSH level is 1.85 miu/L [0.35 - 5]. In range apparently. My liver results :

Coded entry GFR calculated abbreviated MDRD 87 mL/min/1.73m*2
    Coded entry Plasma glucose level 4.8 mmol/L [4 - 6]
    Coded entry Serum creatinine level 88 umol/L [80 - 115]
    Coded entry Serum sodium level 139 mmol/L [133 - 146]
    Coded entry Serum potassium level 4 mmol/L [3.5 - 5.3]

Also "normal". What concerns me about my free T and SHBG readings which are just on the cusp of acceptability is that this is me with a lifestyle pretty much as optimised as possible for the average guy. I eat fairly clean all year round, gym every other day or one on/two off, minimised work stress, 7-8 hours of sleep per night, rarely drink, never do drugs and haven’t smoked for over 6 years now. I feel like I’d practically start lactating and bleeding once a month if I lived like some of the slobs around me.

Slacker78 is offline Member
    I told LIVER, not kidneys. Where are FT4 and FT3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    I told LIVER, not kidneys. Where are FT4 and FT3 ?
    Unfortunately those readings were not included in my test I'm afraid. I can certainly get them looked into though. Speaking to some others on this subject, apparently my estrogen level is far too low also. It's becoming clear that something is definitely amiss with the hormone levels.

Thread Information