• 1 Post By Slacker78
  • 2 Post By Closhmo
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Slacker78

Thread: TRT and anabolic state

Slacker78 is offline Member

TRT and anabolic state

Hello guys, i got TRT since a week; a little further i will tell about my protocol and feelings, but in this thread i would like to talk about anabolic state which i guess could be keep constantly through our exogenous Test.

Even though it is a physiological dosage, i thought about the fact that being the testosterone production is not affect by internal metabolic natural positive/negative feedback, this could play a great role about anabolic state to build muscle better, regadless if someone runs an effective AAS cycle ( supraphysiological dosages ); further it could play a great role preventing muscles catabolism, being the receptors are almost always saturated of testosterone, so more protected by cortisol activity.

I guess these are some of the benefits of TRT.

Did you notice some effects of these one on yourselves ?
    Obs likes this.

Closhmo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    Hello guys, i got TRT since a week; a little further i will tell about my protocol and feelings, but in this thread i would like to talk about anabolic state which i guess could be keep constantly through our exogenous Test.

Even though it is a physiological dosage, i thought about the fact that being the testosterone production is not affect by internal metabolic natural positive/negative feedback, this could play a great role about anabolic state to build muscle better, regadless if someone runs an effective AAS cycle ( supraphysiological dosages ); further it could play a great role preventing muscles catabolism, being the receptors are almost always saturated of testosterone, so more protected by cortisol activity.

I guess these are some of the benefits of TRT.

Did you notice some effects of these one on yourselves ?
    even if well in the normal range TRT has an anabolic advantage. most peoples natural test level goes up in the morning and down through the day thats why they test in the morning. while on TRT you dont have this cyclical aspect which definitely helps

Quote Originally Posted by Closhmo View Post
    even if well in the normal range TRT has an anabolic advantage. most peoples natural test level goes up in the morning and down through the day thats why they test in the morning. while on TRT you dont have this cyclical aspect which definitely helps
    which, IMO, is why people in "normal" ranges end up needing AI and blood letting.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    which, IMO, is why people in "normal" ranges end up needing AI and blood letting.
    Yes, that's true. More stable in-range test level, higher change of E2 conversion.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Even if your on TRT you absolutely still can lose muscle mass and be catabolic. I've had times in my life where I've lost a good 30 pounds of muscle (due to severe injury) even though I was still taking exogenous test . 250mg per week was not enough to keep me from losing muscle.

personally I think TRT can help you reach a new set point and help maintain that set point, but after that set point is reached then your not going to grow anymore (your not going to be indefinitely anabolic and just keep growing).

eg., if a 180 pound guy gets on TRT (and he's training and eating consistently) for the first time, that constant and consistent higher levels of Test are going to help him out, but only to a certain level and then it tops out. His new set point with the TRT might be 192 pounds after say 8 months. now that 200mg of test he is taking for TRT will not help him grow anymore , its simply going to help keep him at this new 192 pound set point . AND if he stopped dieting and training properly, the test will not be enough to help him keep this new set point either, he will drop weight back.

you see this with retired pro bodybuilders as well . they down size and lose a lot of weight when retired, even though they are on TRT. the physiological dose of Test is not enough to have them keep their size (nor are the calories sufficient).

just my experience and thoughts . TRT will help you be 'anabolic' enough to maintain a certain set point, if the calories are available, but its to a fairly limited degree.
    Slacker78 likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I've developed a belief that T kinetics matters much more than actual levels when it comes to TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Even if your on TRT you absolutely still can lose muscle mass and be catabolic. I've had times in my life where I've lost a good 30 pounds of muscle (due to severe injury) even though I was still taking exogenous test . 250mg per week was not enough to keep me from losing muscle.

personally I think TRT can help you reach a new set point and help maintain that set point, but after that set point is reached then your not going to grow anymore (your not going to be indefinitely anabolic and just keep growing).

eg., if a 180 pound guy gets on TRT (and he's training and eating consistently) for the first time, that constant and consistent higher levels of Test are going to help him out, but only to a certain level and then it tops out. His new set point with the TRT might be 192 pounds after say 8 months. now that 200mg of test he is taking for TRT will not help him grow anymore , its simply going to help keep him at this new 192 pound set point . AND if he stopped dieting and training properly, the test will not be enough to help him keep this new set point either, he will drop weight back.

you see this with retired pro bodybuilders as well . they down size and lose a lot of weight when retired, even though they are on TRT. the physiological dose of Test is not enough to have them keep their size (nor are the calories sufficient).

just my experience and thoughts . TRT will help you be 'anabolic' enough to maintain a certain set point, if the calories are available, but its to a fairly limited degree.
    Yes GearHeaded, that's reasonable. And the set point you told, is pretty individual and is not only based on exogenous Test dose in TRT. However, i think that keeping a good exogenous Test level given by TRT, either in bulking or cutting, this give a good help mixed with all well known factors. If bulking you will increase a little of some degree based on your individual genetic; if cutting will be the same.

I think this is your thought and if it is, i'm totally agree.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I've developed a belief that T kinetics matters much more than actual levels when it comes to TRT.
    Exactly Biz ! Constant good T level carry more benefits than fluctuations.

Thread Information