Thread: Hcg dosage?

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~

Hcg dosage?

I've been on trt for several years without hcg . I am on 120 mg a week split into 2 60 mg shots sub q. My testicles really haven't really shrunk hardly at all. I am looking for a new clinic, however, so probably gonna start hcg. One clinic I talked to provides you with 250 ius a week. Is that generally enough for most? So please tell me what most of you fellas are on dose wise and if you felt better after starting it? Any info appreciated.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac View Post
    I've been on trt for several years without hcg. I am on 120 mg a week split into 2 60 mg shots sub q. My testicles really haven't really shrunk hardly at all. I am looking for a new clinic, however, so probably gonna start hcg. One clinic I talked to provides you with 250 ius a week. Is that generally enough for most? So please tell me what most of you fellas are on dose wise and if you felt better after starting it? Any info appreciated.
    Bottom line is that it's not going to make you fell better. It serves mostly 2 purposes: 1) To prevent testicular shrinkage while on TRT, which is basically a cosmetic effect, and 2) to preserve fertility for those who desire to.

Regarding dosages, 250 IU per week is about half of what most guys find they need to preserve testicular volume. Keep in mind that whatever the dose, it should be administered at least 2X per week and preferably 3X. The half life is about 1-2 days in most guys.

For guys wanting to preserve fertility, the optimum dose seems to be around 1000 IU per week, but there's debate and the literature is scant. I posted a recent thread on the topic.

Thread Information