topcat50 is offline Junior Member

Measuring Dextrose

A thread on the Meso rx site says that 1 rounded teaspoon = 5 grams and that 1 rounded tablespoon = 15 grams . Does this sound right to you guys ?

1/2 cup is 75g, so you can use measuring cups/spoons that are fractions thereof to measure smaller amounts. Alternatively, you can buy a cheap lab scale and measure more accurately.

topcat50 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Einstein !

Farmer is offline Member
    On mine 80grams equals 75 grams of carbs. It is dextrose from supplementdirect.

Peace

Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer

Peace

Farmer
    I'm not sure what you mean. Xgrams of dextrose = Xgrams of carbs. Dextrose is 100% glucose, so 100% carbs. The actual mass of the dextrose represents the mass of carbs (i.e 1g of dextrose is 1g of carbs).

flexshack is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer

Peace

Farmer
    it must have some other ingredients or fillers then.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    2/3 of a cup is 75 or so, I always thought 1/2 was 75 then someone posted a chart that showed 2/3 to be 75. So if you're get over 1/2 or less the 2/3 you're in the ballpark

JohnnyB

I know I've seen it both ways 1/2 cup being 75g and 2/3 cup being 75g. Swolecat has contacted companies that have it labelled wrong. I don't know why I've never done this to verify before, but I just weighed 1/2 cup of dextrose, and it's 77g. A digital lab scale is pretty cheap and makes measuring much easier....I use it for all sorts of things...weighing food, creatine, glutamine, dextrose.....you name it....good investment.

Thread Information