spound is offline Anabolic Member

how long will my slin be good for?

i just got a vial of Lilly humalog w/ a sept. 1 2005 exp. date. How long will it be good for if i keep it in a dark place at room temp.? Oh yea and where the hell can i get dextrose?? I can't find a brewing company or anything...can you get it at a grocery store or supplement store?

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Although it has a good exp. date, Eli Lilly recommends replacing the vial after
    30 days (if kept in the refrigerator)

You can keep insulin well beyond the 30 days that are recommended, but you should really keep it refridgerated if you intend to keep it longer than that. Just type in dextrose in Yahoo, and you'll get a bunch of online sites that sell it for around $1/lb.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You can gey it at a brewery store too

JohnnyB

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah I have a Humalog bottle I recently got my hands on too, I keep my in the fridge. Mine expires around mid next year. No idea what I will do with it if I still have some left after it expires. But till then I will try and enjoy it as much as possible

revie is offline New Member
    humalog comes with a good exp date,
    normally good for about a year.
    yet companies say otherwise, to change you insulin vials regualrly, like 45days-ish.

Bal
    Bal is offline New Member

Buying slin online

I wanted to buy slin online from Canada since it's about half the price I'd pay at a pharmacy here in the US, but I was wondering if it will stay good through the shipping process. I mean, who knows what kind of heat it will be exposed to, especially now that it's almost summer.

--Bal

Tank010101 is offline New Member

Thumbs up

I have a vial of Humalog with a september 2004 experation ... how long after experiation will this be ok?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Bal
    I wanted to buy slin online from Canada since it's about half the price I'd pay at a pharmacy here in the US, but I was wondering if it will stay good through the shipping process. I mean, who knows what kind of heat it will be exposed to, especially now that it's almost summer.

--Bal
    i got mine from canada,it came with a cold pck and arrived in 5 days.the cold pack was no longer cold.but i believe it is still good.i have been using it.

Thread Information