Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

Carbohydrate intke? Right after workout or 10 - 15 min later?

Ok I have seen a few debates about when carbohydrates should be consumed after injecting Insulin , and Im not really prepared to start using Insulin unless I 100% know the right answer. So when excatly do you take your carbohydrates drink after injecting Insulin? Right after injection or 10 - 15 minutes later? Some people say right away, some people say 10 - 15 minutes later. One way must be more effective than other.

Jacked As Hell is offline New Member
    I use slin and I consume carbs right away.

Yeah thats what I thought too. From what I know you are meant to consume carbs right away, but im just curious on what other people think coz I have heard other people say that you're supposed to take your carbs about 10 - 15 min after taking slin. They totally disagree on taking carbs right after injection

Jacked As Hell is offline New Member
    Yeah I have heard them but I feel you should go ahead and intake carbs right away there is no point or benefit in waiting. I have done what some of you would call extremem slin amounts. I only stay on 4 weeks but I may get up to 30ius a day 15iu in am and 15iu in the afternoon or after training and I have had a few bouts with hypo. Insulin can really sneak up on you I guess is what I am saying.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Woah. If you are using humalog you need to take it immediately. If you are using Humulin you can wait 15 minutes easily. I didn't feel the onset of the R until about 20-25 minutes after inject, so I would inject and then finish a workout. Don't try this crap with humalog, or you won't be posting ever again.

Ahh ok ok well Humalog is what I want to use so thanx for the feedback guys. I think I will defenitely have my carb shake immidietly after injection. Thanx again
    Last edited by Gear; 05-26-2004 at 02:40 AM.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    it's a good idea to make sure and includes dextrose as your main carb source

Excellent, thanx

revie is offline New Member
    sugars, carbs and high proteins need to be consumed for optimum results immediately after humalog injections.
    injections are post-workout for best results.
    its easy to eat well after a workout. humalog works quickly (begins to work 5-15mins) so act quickly with carbo consumption!

Thread Information