BrownBomber is offline Member

Avoiding/Controlling Fat Gain on Slin....

We all know the 2 ways of gaining excess fat while using slin

1) Eating fat while the slin is still active.

2) Consuming to many carbs in fear of going hypo.

My question is in regards to fact #2. Let me give you an example first.....Say one eats 400 grams of protein, 300 grams of carbs, and 100grams of fat per day to maintain is bodyweight (meaning gaining ZERO fat and ZERO muscle). If this guys consumes the same macro nutrient breakdown while on slin, but consumes ALL 300 grams of carbs while the slin is active is this conisdered excess carbs which will lead to fat gain?

Meal Breakdown:

Meal1-4 Protein and Fat---No Slin

Meal 4 Post Workout Shake (75 grams of protein and 150 grams of Carbs)--Slin IS Active

Meal 5 Protein and 150 grams of carbs--Slin IS Active

Meal 6 Protein and Fat--No Slin

Hope You Understand This!!
    BB

IMO you want to walk a tightrope. The ideal carb intake during your slin's activity window is that amount which just prevents you from experiencing hypo symptoms...no more...no less. I see no benefit to consuming all of your carbs during the slin activity period. Judging by your meal schedule, you don't lift in the AM, so I'd take in some complex carbs during the first meal(s). I like to use only simple carbs during slin's activity, because that allows you to fine tune the amount of carbs much more easily than by combining complex carbs into the equation. Perhaps your 2nd meal during slin activity (should be a solid meal) can include some complex carbs, but that'll be up to you. There's no reason to gain fat while using slin, since we know exactly what causes this to occur.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Thanks bro. I really wouldnt consume all my carbs after my slin shot. I guess the poitn I was trying to make was if I didnt gain fat off of 300 grams of carbs all day while off slin. Surely I wouldnt gain fat off 300 grams of carbs all day while on slin. Correct?

Thanks
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    Thanks bro. I really wouldnt consume all my carbs after my slin shot. I guess the poitn I was trying to make was if I didnt gain fat off of 300 grams of carbs all day while off slin. Surely I wouldnt gain fat off 300 grams of carbs all day while on slin. Correct?

Thanks
    BB
    Now I get your question. Hypothetically, the exact same macronutrient breakdown, with the exception of using slin, could very well cause fat gain, where as while not using slin would not. During caloric deficit, after a meal, your body has larger insulin spikes than when you're more adequately nourished. Think of it as an survival mechanism..your body reacts to attempt to make the most of the available nutrients....uses/stores as much as possible. Insulin can cause you to store additional carbs during the slin's activity, but then later in the day, when you take in a protein predominated meal, it may turn to a more ketosis-based metabolism and utilize the amino acids being supplied.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    So E1905 your saying you should consume just simple carbs during your slin activity and your complex's early in the day? So would that mean a shake with protein and dextrose, and an hour and a half later a meal of chicken, or steak, vegtables, and more dextrose?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    So E1905 your saying you should consume just simple carbs during your slin activity and your complex's early in the day? So would that mean a shake with protein and dextrose, and an hour and a half later a meal of chicken, or steak, vegtables, and more dextrose?
    For my 2nd meal after injection, the solid meal, I now just use dextrose. Before I'd eat complex carbs and maybe some dextrose, based on how I felt. I know I can be more precise though by just sticking to dextrose the whole time. It's not going to be convenient for most people, and sometimes I'll still eat complex carbs too, if I know I won't be able to access my dextrose for the whole 4-5 hours after an injection. For me, my meal is almost always chicken. I'm probably on the extreme end of limiting carbs though. I don't think most people are going to want to do things exactly like I do. Dextrose, then PWO shake (at least 50g of whey)....about 1-1.5hrs later a solid meal with some complex carbs is more realistic for most people.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    so einy...i completely undersatnd the dex after your slin shot...but the PPWO meal has me thinking...

what about chicken and 20oz's of gatorade???...thats still a simple carb right, and that would seem more realistic for me and my schedule during school.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    so einy...i completely undersatnd the dex after your slin shot...but the PPWO meal has me thinking...

what about chicken and 20oz's of gatorade???...thats still a simple carb right, and that would seem more realistic for me and my schedule during school.
    Yeah, gatorade is primarily dextrose. I'm not sure what the premixed gatorade is as far as dextroseunce, but you can check on that and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Yeah, gatorade is primarily dextrose. I'm not sure what the premixed gatorade is as far as dextroseunce, but you can check on that and go from there.
    so how much simple carbs do you try to take in, or suggest taking in PPWO with the solid meal???...

so how much simple carbs do you try to take in, or suggest taking in PPWO with the solid meal???...
    I am at 25g now, but I'd start higher to see what works best for you

I am at 25g now, but I'd start higher to see what works best for you
    ok so thats what you mean by working up to 10iu's the coming down and tweaking the ratio...so i need to lower my slin down, along with carb intake to where ive got just enough to not go hypo???

ok so thats what you mean by working up to 10iu's the coming down and tweaking the ratio...so i need to lower my slin down, along with carb intake to where ive got just enough to not go hypo???
    You don't necessarily have to lower the slin down, but lower the carb:slin ratio down by lowering carb intake.

You don't necessarily have to lower the slin down, but lower the carb:slin ratio down by lowering carb intake.
    ok...i see...

Thread Information