Mr Olympia is offline Junior Member

Question Expected Future Price of GH: Going Up or Down?

Not after exact prices, I get it as cheap as possible now but..

What do think the price will do in the future? Go up or down.

Will demand go up and price with it?

Please give a GH addict something to look forward to in my old age.

The amount of companys making it now in different parts of the world, cometetive pricing, better techniques and **** would have to lower it.

The demand is the only factor here. GH, IGF-1, etc are all equally easy to produce.....as easy as serum albumin. The methods of production and purification are really the same for any recombinant protein. So, look at the prices for 10mg of serum albumin vs GH.....demand plays a huge role. However, even though demand has been going up over the last couple years or so, the prices have still been going down. I see no reason for that trend to change.

It all depends on so called "skimming politics" (Yeah I know I'm a nerd, but I come from a family of business men)

First they introduce a product at the highest possible price, These will be bought by so called "early adaptors". Condition is that the product has to be unique, technically advanced and/or have somewhat of a "status/prestige" to it!

The people where the real money can be made --> The crowds!
    will be held back from buying it due to its high price...

Slowly when the product has lost its "glory", they will run out of
    "early adaptors" and slowly lower the price, until a new public (For instance people with a "bit more then model" income) can be attracted to the product.
    Then slowly they will lower the price untill it becomes common!

This way by serving each market at a seperate time and price, they can maximize profits (they did this with the CD and the DVD-players and with thousands of other products).

With medicines this lies a bit more complicated since we have to deal with patents --> Some countries undermine these however, for instance Xenical (Orlistat) can be bought in China (while it's 10 year cycle is far from over)...

Growth Hormone now costs $1 per IU in China if a minimum quantity of 1000 IU is bought
    (whether normal or longacting like Nutropin Depot)...

And I predict due to heavier competition and "skimming politics at it's final stage" (so making acces to the "commoners") and improved and more effecient Productionprocesses that it's price will only go down...

P.S. Nowbody can claim a patent on GH since it's naturally occuring, you can only claim patent on the productionproces by which it is made...
    (Why Acetylsalicylic Acid aka Aspirin was in hands for years as monopoly by BAYER --> while it is a naturally occuring Extract)..

Greets
    Kingofmasters
    Last edited by kingofmasters; 06-04-2004 at 04:17 PM.

Mmm thought as much, thanks for that, just as long as price doesnt go up, im happy.

Thread Information