Thread: Test strips

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member

Test strips

Those d@mn thing are expensive $50 is there somewhere cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Those d@mn thing are expensive $50 is there somewhere cheaper?
    gpz

Another reason why measuring my BG every 5-10mins for 2-3hrs to graph it isn't my favorite thing to do.

cool bro

I have an accu check can I still use those strips at gpz?

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    I have an accu check can I still use those strips at gpz?
    I'm not sure. I know some are cross-compatible even though they say "for use only with blah blah meter". You just need to be sure you use the correct calibration code with your meter. There are lots of diabetic supply stores online....I'd stay with the same brand.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    gpz

Another reason why measuring my BG every 5-10mins for 2-3hrs to graph it isn't my favorite thing to do.
    Is it really neccesary to use the strips when running slin?I honesty haven't heard of many ppl using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Is it really neccesary to use the strips when running slin?I honesty haven't heard of many ppl using them.
    It's not necessary, but it really helps, especially at first. I actually rarely check my BG anymore unless I change something up. Many people though will say "I took 8IUs and then took 90g of dextrose, and now I'm still geting a little lightheaded"....You could say....those are signs of hypo...take in more dextrose......but, that's also a sign of hyperglycemia, as are many of the hypo symptoms, especially if you've not really experienced either extreme. Measuring your BG really helps you to dial your carb intake in....both quantity and timing. everyone's insulin sensitivity is different, so saying "10g/IU of slin" is just a rough guideline and no more. I'm definitely all for measuring BG.....I see it along the same lines as getting bloodwork done while using AAS....it's not mandatory, but it really is helpful to tweak things to optimize everything.

I just want to be sure not to add any to my gut, I want it all to work for muscle and not get any blubber. I also think its a great tool to help get your diet in check for cutting to see how to keep you blood suagar down to keep burning the blubber

Thread Information